That's one fancy trick

by N.drew 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

I'm the Christ and I have conquered.

"Watch out that no one decieves you. For many will come in my name, claiming 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many."

Not that I think you have deceived many, but still. You are not the Christ. When He returns, all eyes will see Him. Perhaps you had some other meaning for stating that?

Peace to you,

Tammy

• bioflex
    bioflex

@Lars: listen to what Tec said. You might be the instrument of your own destruction. You are NOT the Lamb of God.

Psalm 110:1 = Of David. A psalm. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet."

Surely the work of Jesus is finished indeed, that is why he does not have to lift a finger. He is just waiting at the side of the father till his due time to be made manifest is due, Then His earthly millenium rule will be due. Simple as ABC.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I have always compared the rider of the white horse (Rev. 6) with the one at Rev. 19. The one at Rev. 19 is definitely the Christ. Same person, different context. However, the facts of Rev. 6 are sketchy, and open to interpretation, as the different posts on the thread suggest.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

From one crown to many crowns. Different war implements, first the bow (Rev. 6), and then the sword (Rev. 19). Both riders are victorious.

• N.drew
    N.drew

No there is nothing written in Revelation 6:2 that might prove he is victorious.

It means he has gone forth to subdue and will keep subduing until he can't. The word suggests it is more than the rider's occupation. NWT says "complete" his conquest. It is not definitive that he will accomplish his task. It means it is his GOAL. We can stop him. I mean I can stop him. I'm kididng. Sometimes I feel so alone. He certainly can be stopped by Christ the Messiah, but I think we should help.

• bioflex
    bioflex

Revelation 6:2 (KJV)- And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Looking at the context it is certain that all 4 horsemen are sent out for a purpose of destruction, and none of them represent Christ the Messiah, and none of them is bound to make any judgnemnt whatsoever, they are just following orders.

But in revelation 19: 11 (KJV) - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Here it is plain who is being reffered to, and not only does he make war but judges too which coincides with the text in John 5:22 (KJV) - For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Revelation 19:12,13 (KJV) - His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

We already know that Christ is the Word of God which materealized in flesh( John 1: 1).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit