That's one fancy trick

by N.drew 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

Revelation 6:1-2

The Watchtower has Jesus in heaven with the one seated upon the throne (Revelation 5:1) pictured as a lamb (Revelation 5:6)and AT THE SAME TIME (6:1) as a rider on a white horse (Revelation 6:2). One of the four living creatures says (with of voice as of thunder) COME!

All authority had been given Jesus in heaven and on earth. (Matthew 28:18) So then how could the living creature call him to do something?

That is my two strikes against the rider being Christ. Anyway he has no arrows.

I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

What do I think it means? I thought it meant the society and I wrote them to tell them it was them. They didn't believe me. See whanabefree's post about that. They are still calling the rider Jesus. Stupid stupid stupid

• tec
    tec

Yeah well, doesn't the WT also teach that Christ is Abaddon/Apollyon? When we got to that part in my study, my heart started beating... and I was just, um, really? I just left that one alone because it bothered me so much.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

I also hear what you're saying though. I never thought the first of the four horsemen was Christ either. I think the WT says that He is (or at least that is what I learned in my study), because He is wearing a crown, and only Christ would wear a crown. (though even in revelations, the beast has ten heads wearing ten crowns, doesn't it?)

Peace,

Tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes. It is tanslated in the New World Translation as "conquering and to complete his conquest". But at his death he conquered and Revelation was written about the things pertaining to after his death.

John 19:30 "it has been finished" Cognate: 5055 teléo (from 5056 /télos , "consummation, completion") – properly, to complete (consummate), i.e. finish (qualitatively) the necessary process – with the results "rolling-over" to the next level (phase) of consummation. See 5056 ( telos ).

"Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit". John 19:30

• N.drew
    N.drew

So then what does the rider go forth to subdue? The society tries to sudue human nature. Also the people have given it ruling authority (a crown). They impress people with their knowledge of the Bible (white horse). Also we know for sure that the other white horse in Revelation is the one The Word rides on. So this white horse is in imitation of the real one. No?

• tec
    tec

I never thought about it that way before, Nancy, thanks :) I will listen for for our Lord to grant me understanding.

Peace to you,

Tammy

• Fernando
    Fernando

I still haven't had an opportunity to fully read and digest this series on "Jesus: Victor over Religion" as the dominant theme of Revelation: http://www.christinyou.net/pages/revel.html .

• N.drew
    N.drew

The rider of the white horse is masquerading as a pure and righteous victor. The victorious commanders of the marauding armies of old would return to their country or city riding a white stallion/steed as the symbol of self-justified victory. Jesus purposefully did just the opposite. Riding to victory in the "triumphal entry" into Jerusalem, Jesus rode on a donkey to show that His power and victory was not like that of the physical world, explaining "My kingdom is not of this world" (John 18:36). Religionists, on the other hand, disguise themselves as "servants of righteousness" (II Cor. 11:15) as they are led by Satan who "disguises himself as an angel of light" (II Cor. 11:14).

http://www.christinyou.net/pages/revel.html .

Hi Fernando! Thank you very much. Good!

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

The conquests of Christ at the second coming are primarily spiritual and doctrinal. The long sword of his mouth represents his Biblical expertise to cut through false teachings.

So that's fulfilled. I'm the Christ and I have conquered. The ancient and well kept secret that Xerxes and Artaxerxes were the same king and that the Persians added 82 fake years to their timeline still persists! But I uncovered this and have corrected the timeline. So I have conquered, that is, academically and doctrinally. The response so far to my evidence that 455 BCE was the 1st of Cyrus, per the Bible and even per the VAT4956 is to call me crazy. So there's no true academic response to that.

So I have the truth now along with the elect, even if others choose to stay in the darkness. So not only can I reset the 1st of Cyrus to 455 BCE with complete confidence, my "conquest" is complete, because I correct the Greek, Persian and Babylonian timelines and then correct the Assyrian timeline and date the Exodus at the beginning of the reign of Akhenaten who became a monotheist after the 10 plagues. That is a secret that is aggressively protected even now. No one wants to even discuss dating the Exodus during the reign of Akhenaten because it is far too obvious that's the reason he became a monotheist and thus "Aten" was the god associated with the Hebrew God YHWH.

So, yes, I've conquered. All but the elect don't want to recognize I've conquered, but they know I have. And for those still deceived, let them continue deceived.

I'm the "King of Kings and Lord or Lords" when it comes to truth, both ancient and current.

LS

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Good discussion. I will read it when I am not so tired. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit