Why are there two Watchtowers published? The real reason

by exjehovah 27 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Like many other changes in recent years, it's about cutting costs. The fact that they can be a little more strident in the Study edition is just an added plus.

metatron

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I agree with metatron. It's all about the cost. The cult-speak in the study version is a secondary reason. The next cost-cutting change I expect to be to include the study WT and the publishers Kingdom Ministry in the same magazine, eliminating the need for the KM

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One magazine to allure people to the organization and another to forcibly mentally indoctrinate with , its a winning combination.

• factfinder
    factfinder

It is to cut costs as metatron said.

First they cut g to once a month, then came out with the 2 editions of the w, further reducing the number printed each month. While circulation continues to increase it is still below the 1.2 billion copies printed in 2005 before g went monthly.

It was up to just under a billion copies printed last year.

Most of the books including larger sized ones are made as softcovers.

Its cost cutting.

• Heath N
    Heath N

The public WT is to GET THEM IN......the study WT is to KEEP THEM IN.

• Heath N
    Heath N

The public WT is to GET THEM IN......the study WT is to KEEP THEM IN.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yes, I absolutely agree that $$$$$$£££€€€€€¥¥¥¥'s are the main reason for the two-magazine format. The "cultspeak" advantage is only secondary.

In a few years, magazines will no longer be presented d2d ---- just a tract,at least in north America, Europe and such. In countries without Internet access, mags will still be placed.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

forget 2 watchtowers published.... WHY WERE THERE 2 STUDY EDITIONS??? I printed one off the .org site...got to the Hall, and noticed that the printed study edition magazine that everyone else had was worded differently. never had that happen before. I wasn't the only one that noticed it either. I heard a sister ask her husband "Why did they do that?" YAY!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Can you provide an example of that RB? Was the difference important?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    I printed one off the .org site...got to the Hall, and noticed that the printed study edition magazine that everyone else had was worded differently. never had that happen before. I wasn't the only one that noticed it either. I heard a sister ask her husband "Why did they do that?"

I think that the proper answer for this is to tell this lady that it's 'new light', it's changing rapidly, and she needs to keep up. (Heck, it's changing fast enough to give an epiliptic a seizure.)

(Just kidding...)

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit