There must be JWs in my neck of the woods...

by Aussie Oz 17 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

You know what they say, A watched kettle never boils. You're uncannily like the JWs: the more they wait for the end of the world, the more elusive it becomes; the more you wait for their call, the more elusive they become.

Advice: Develop a morbid aversion to their calls and they'll be pressing more than your doorbell in no time. Guaranteed!

• Apt1201
    Apt1201

Funny, but I have had the same sort of experience.

Have moved several times in Oz, and they could not have known where I lived, but not once have I had anyone knock on my door.

Lived in T'ville, Perth, Darwin, Brisbane and Sydney but have never had the fun of meeting them.

Akways wondered what I would say, and for sure I would be polite as I always loved it when I was invited in for a glass of water or drink. Would surely do that and might even have a beer myself!!!!!

Live/working overseas now (Decided to serve where the need is great..............that means I can make more money over here), so dont expect I will get a knock on the door as its a Muslim country. Was surprised to see one of my guys at work have a WT magazine with him and I asked him about that.

Seems there is a congregation here and they are fairly strong.

Buggas are everywhere.

Would still like a chance to debate some issues if they ever do come to my door in the future. Especially like to get a young 'brother'and have a chat to him. Evils of the flesh and all that good stuff, after I told him he should be in University anyway!!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Maybe they know where you live and are avoiding you on purpose....had occured to me, maybe the ex told em!

There's plenty of preaching done where ever I go and there are a couple of books in one of your libraries I wouldn't mind a peek at...what book mate?

cheers beers,

Oz

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'd have to go back and check. One was quoted in one of the recent 607 WTs, the other was Justus Lipsius

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Been a few years here in Los Angeles. I haven't seen tracts left around in years either

• Azazel
    Azazel

Live within a Km of the local hall and never had them call.Mind you im more out than in but no tracts or other evidence of calling. Mind you i am attending their meeting but still. Did have some old dears from the local catholic church knock on my door to invite me to their easter service. I coudnt help myself and said Im not interested im a Buddihst! they just gave me a look and walked off. Felt a bit bad but had to chuckle too.

Buddh Az

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

same here, they were calling often, but about 8 months ago it all stopped, I suppose my telling them that I'm an apostate doesn't help no doubt the memorial invitations will turnup tho

• moshe
    moshe

Usually, I only get one visit from JWs and they never come back- they avoid my entire block, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit