my diehard jw wife has never had a bible study...

by oompa 15 Replies latest jw friends

• LoJack
    LoJack

Well it seems that those we did study with we're smarter than we were. They discontinued their bible study. GOD BLESS THEM AS THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF GOD'S GRACE.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Neither me nor my husband ever had a real, progressive study. I never had any at all, and he only had a couple that lasted 3 or 4 sessions.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

i mean how many of them really even want that?...most jws give away any interested person to a good ol pioneer..and not sure how many of them really want to make a disciple either....i mean she drives around endlessly with her chick friends...lots of starbucks...dunkin and kk...and they don't want a frikkin study....really?????...........

Thats really common among JWS my father for example has been a constant JWS for 60 years never had a personal study.

Same deal with my sister whose been a practicing JWS all her life never has had a Study either, the list goes on.

I think they try and avoid it, but they do go out in service to make it look like they are more and willing to (Zeal)

start one. To them I think its more about their own representation they are endeavored to create in their congregations.

More about self image creating and not really about saving others. There is a bit of pretentious selfishness with a lot of JWS.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I have to confess. When folks that i called on said they didnt have time to study
    I ( stupid) said " well why dont I clean your house for you and then when it is done we can sit &
    take in how we can live forever" I did some of their washing ( so we had time)
    Yes I made 10 people JWS that way. Slave labour. You say??NO NUTTY ME !!!
    Besides those I converted, I also hooked my kids Mel, Sue, Annmarie.<she is still one)
    Thank God I am now free.... I still say it is a worse cult than Jonestown, or Waco....
    OOmpa

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I liked getting easy time. Tract work was awesome! I definitely hated doing return visits, I never knew what to say.

Mouthy, cleaning houses, wow! I know people loved you!

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I never had any real studies. I read the Bible Stories book to a 6 year old or something when I was like, 10 and I counted it as a study somewhat, though I was not baptized. No clue if I counted it as one on the slips though.

In 5th grade I was "friends" with a mentally unstable/mentally handicapped girl and I used to pray for her at recess, like we'd sit on the picnic table and I'd try to teach her how to pray and then just do it myself. I got in a lot of trouble at that school for passing around the Young People Ask book (probably because it had subjects like Masturbation...How Do I Resist The Urge? When I think about it now I'm mortified!!) Anyway about the girl, my mom tried to study with the girl's mom but my mom said they had demons and we weren't going back again. Dunno if they really did, they were both nuts...and Catholic lol.

I used to give a boy Awakes in high school because my dub guy friend said he knew him and that he was interested but he (the high school guy) was afraid to get caught because his family hated dubs and he might get shipped off to Mexico if he got caught. It may have been a load of bull, no clue. The boy did take the mags, I suspect he probably threw them out later. I believe he's gay now...

That's about it for me...it used to depress me so much, like my actual worth as a human depended on me studying a book with someone and getting them to get baptized...blah what a life....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit