What does "everlasting life" mean?

by N.drew 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bioflex
    bioflex

The everlasting life that comes from having the son is getting to live forever without dying, remember that man was formed from dust and the only way to live forver in this condition is to have a supliment in this case the "Tree of life" which was in the garden of eden. Without eating from the tree man is bound to grow old and wax old like garment no matter what. That is why adam and eve did not die immidiately they sinned. The process of death begun from the time they ceased to eat from the "Tree of life"

Genesis 3: 22 (KJV) - And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Here we see that adam and eve would have continued to live forever after sinning if they had acces to the "Tree of life".

Until the time of Noah men could live for very long periods of time(800 years +) even though they evetually died, this trend stopped after the very sinful nature of the people in Noah's era caused God to flood the earth.

Now we see Jesus Christ who was(WORD- John 1:1) and still is(WORD INCANATE- John 1:14) the life which was in the "Tree of life".

So it comes down to when people are really going to eeat from the tree. From the scriptures we know that Christ is going to rule for a thousand years and there are going to be humans who would co-rule with him during this period of time, that is why Christ(being the life in the tree) would sustain them until that time is over.

Again in revelation,

Revelation 22: 2(KJV) - In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

We see that the Tree does not only sustain lives but it heals too, it makes whole from all infirmities cause by sin.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I believe that "eternal life" or "everlasting life" is immediately and at first IMPUTED to believers, ahead of the recreation.

Holiness (sanctification), and righteousness (justification) are similarly IMPUTED to the believer.

The same with sonship, perfection and so on.

All are unmerited/undeserved free gifts granted by Holy Spirit after repentance (awareness of dysfunction) has been granted (by Holy Spirit), and after faith (a wide opening of our spiritual eyes) has been granted (by Holy Spirit), after a hearing and accepting of the full unabridged message known as the gospel or "good news" (Rom 10:16,17).

(Scripture speaks of being COUNTED or DECLARED righteous - Romans 3 and 4).

(The apostate Watchtower organisation actively, albeit surreptitiously, promotes unrepentance or "ignorance of dysfunction" via supremacist self-righteous legalism, moralism, ethnocentrism and Gnosticism).

• Terry
    Terry

Everlasting life means we are greedy beyond all measure.

What is so important that we could contribute were our possibilities of existence permanently extended.

I mean, what have YOU accomplished already? Precious little I imagine and THAT with a deadline of the current human lifespan.

Mozart, Michaelangelo, Steinbeck, might make a case for more time and I'd reckon they'd acquit themselves swimmingly.

But, Eternal existence is just one of the 7 deadly sins writ large in my opinion. (Imagine how crowded it would get!)

• dark angle
    dark angle

What does "everlasting life" mean?

Just watch Twilight!

• dark angle
    dark angle

Or check this out

Immortalility

• Fernando
    Fernando

Watchtower theology largely looks at earth as the only game in town - when it's full, no more babies.

I wonder how many humans we could accomodate in 100 billion expanding multiverses x 100 billion expanding galaxies x 100 billion stars (potential solar systems)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZiROWO6iVs

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Vanderhoven7,

My use of the expression "too late" referred to the Methodist minister's intervention;

- i.e. this proved to be a little too late to prevent me from becoming ensnared by the JW religion.

Bill.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thank for the clarification Bill.

• Terry
    Terry

I am the father of seven wonderful children and four grandchildren. I consider this my continuum.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

It is an assignment. At least in the world of Jehovah's Witnesses. Jehovah's Witnesses proclaim that you must deny yourself and dedicate your entire being to Jehovah. This mean not pursuing your own interests.

As a reward for being faithful, you will be spared at Armageddon and live forever as a slave to Jehovah. You will pursue his purposes, forever, and his purposes alone. Living forever as a non-thinking robo-slave.

Also, everlasting life is not immortality. Immortality infers that life comes from within ones self. Where as everlasting life means you will live as long as something unnatural does not cause your death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit