Shocking WT pictures! (9-11 lookalikes)

by Alleymom 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

I was never one of Jehovah's Witnesses, so most of these images are new to me. Perhaps that is why I find them so shocking. When I look at them, my mind automatically calls up images of 9-11.

For those of you who grew up with WT literature, perhaps the shock value is lessened by the pictures' familiarity.

Marjorie

• butalbee
    butalbee

If Satan exists here on earth, he lives at the Kingdom Hall.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

As I look at all those WT pictures of smiling, laughing people I feel sick. But I wonder, would true-blue Witnesses look at all those 9-11 lookalike pictures and say, "Yep, the WT was right." Would they see the WT pics as prophecy (of a sort) and the 9-11 photos as fulfillment of prophecy?

Just wondering.
    Marjorie

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Hi, Cellomould --

There is confusion of ignorance and intent with respect to the Squibbs icon. Yeah, that really kills the sitemaster's credibility.
    'What are his motives?' is the first question that comes to mind, even as an informed, atheist ex JW.
    The webmaster of the site emailed me and said that he was at Bethel and he is the one who took the photo of the Squibb icon. He said:

I was at Bethel - Watchtower's NYC Headquarters for Four Years,
    from 1973-77 and I TOOK that photo of the Old Squibb building medallion/icon.

I had the Bethel Oldtimers tell me that when the WT Society bought the building from Squibb Pharmaceuticals, they felt the wording on the Squibb Motto "applied" equally to the precepts of the Watchtower society...so, they never removed the Four Large Squibb medallions.

He also asked:

WHERE did "cellomould" get HIS information and/or WHAT'S he talking about?
    I don't want to get involved in any more "tell-your-father-to-pass-the-potatoes" kinds of conversation <s>, but I thought y'all might be interested in his response. (That was a neat photo he took of the medallion, wasn't it?!)

Regards,
    Marjorie

• mommy
    mommy

FYI to all
    Tallyman is a great guy, one of my personal favorite people. He used to post here alot and also at H2o I think he still posts elsewhere on the net. For reasons I am not clear on, he left here I miss him. He has his own way of communicating his feelings about the organization. Some may not agree with him, such is life. He is IMO very credible and I enjoy reading his outlook on his website. I have not seen these pages yet, so I appreciate Allymom posting the link. Cello can you tell Allymom thanks for me?

I miss you Tallyman, my partner in insomnianity!
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    I appreciate Allymom posting the link.

Would someone tell Wendy I said "thanks"? <g>

Marjorie

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

The Watchtower may not be "terrorists" , but
    they sure are can spread terror in the hearts of
    their members.

For that I give them the "Supreme Mind Fuckers Award".

• Farkel
    Farkel

FYI Alleyman,

Tallyman is also a good friend of mine. He was at Bethel for about 10 years and worked on one of the farms. His window was by the crops which were sprayed with tons of toxic pesticides. As a result, he is now permanently disabled as has seen close to 100 doctors, none of whom can do a think to help his condition. He tires easily and is very weak most of the time. He has been known for years as the "Kult Krimefighter." Anytime you see people use a "K" in place of a hard "C", you can be assured that it was Tom Tally who came up with that first.

He's just another example of a nice human being fucked over by the society. If his words sound harsh or sensational to others, fine. They are more true than not.

I'm amused newbies (not you) who criticze others who have spent many years fighting the WTS as if they are the fonts of wisdom in how to do it.

bboynenko: why don't you write Tom and give him your opinion? Tom's a great guy, and not above criticism.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• sf
    sf

From December thread:

< http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=18305&site=3

Tom, please scan the April 1, 2002 Watchtower.

Thanks, sKally

{{{{hugs}}}}

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Hi, Farkel--

Thanks for posting the information about your friend Tallyman. He sent me several friendly and helpful emails after I asked him a question yesterday. He said that a popular site in Norway has just posted a link to his site, so it will be getting more exposure. I'm very sorry to hear about his disability following pesticide exposure.
    That's criminal!

Marjorie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit