by Alleymom 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

I think these pictures are horrible!

http://www.intrex.net/tallyman/WT_Evil.html

Marjorie

• Tammie
    Tammie

I kinda wonder if that is where the terrorist got their ideas on which buildings to hit?

The truth can never be hurt by a lie,
    but a lie can be exposed by the truth.

• Scully
    Scully

Kinda makes you shake your head in disgust when you realize that these kinds of pictures are what makes JWs "the happiest people on earth".....

Love, Scully

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Dammit that's so sick! I'm so sick of their bullshit! I've lost it! Ban them! Tax them to death! Keep warm, burn down the Watchtower Society!

"Brother, you better get down on your knees and pay...a thousand more fools are being born every f***ing day" -Bad Religion
  • bboyneko
    bboyneko

Good pictures, horrible wiritng. Anyone with half a brain can see that the author of this site is trying way way too hard to make the Society look like a terrorist organization. The pictures speak for themselves, less is more. This would be better if it simply had a caption telling the viewer where each image was taken, some comments as to the article that contained the image and some analytical summary that would tell, in a mature, un-rabid like manner how these images and the text really contain a message of hate and is counter-productive to peace.

There is far too many exclamation marks in this webpage and completley destorys it's credability.

-Dan

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Dan --

The pictures speak for themselves, less is more. This would be better if it simply had a caption telling the viewer where each image was taken, some comments as to the article that contained the image and some analytical summary that would tell, in a mature, un-rabid like manner how these images and the text really contain a message of hate and is counter-productive to peace.
    I agree with your comments. Why not email the author of the site and tell him what you think? I emailed him earlier this evening (when he gave me permission to post the URL here), and he wrote back quickly.

Marjorie

• dedalus
    dedalus

I agree w/ bboyneko.

Dedalus

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

You want to see one that's really creepy? Go to the site and scroll down through the pictures to row 8 and click on the large, square, yellow picture in the center of the row:
    The Golden Age - August 11, 1926
    It's the one with the words WAR and FAMINE up at the top.

The Golden Age cover shows an illustration of the devil sitting atop a skyscraper. Look at the word "WAR" and you will see that the illustrator turned the R into little cloven hooves.

Then scroll way down through the long link until you get to the section where he contrasts that picture with the 9-11 photo by Mark D. Phillips (the one where some people see an image of Satan in the WTC smoke).

Marjorie

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Scully,

Kinda makes you shake your head in disgust when you realize that these kinds of pictures are what makes JWs "the happiest people on earth".....
    Some of the pictures are quite old, but look at the one from the 1992 publication "Does God Really Care About Us?" That's one of the most horrifying of them all. The people are actually laughing!

Marjorie

• cellomould
    cellomould

There is confusion of ignorance and intent with respect to the Squibbs icon. Yeah, that really kills the sitemaster's credibility.

'What are his motives?' is the first question that comes to mind, even as an informed, atheist ex JW.

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit