what is the history of this site?

by tornapart 13 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

Well, I have seen some ridiculous threads (like the 'Moses Solomon' one today ), some are confrontational, some very funny (like Sd-7's today ). Most I would say in general are very interesting and a lot are very helpful. What stands out to me is that there are various stages of those 'in' and those 'out', but almost all have had the same experience of learning TTATT. It helps a lot to share those experiences and not feel so alone with it.

• wobble
    wobble

Hi Tornapart !

I'm not sure if I said WELCOME to you, but anyway, there is a big one !

Why not tell us more of your story ? It is always good to hear how people "woke up", and how they are doing. Your name on here reminds me of how I felt, as a born in, and in for over 50 years, when my world fell apart.

Welcome again

• tornapart
    tornapart

Thanks very much for the lovely welcome Wobble! I'm the same as you really, a born-in and now in my 50s. I can't say too much as I am still 'in', at least physically. For years I've felt 'something' was wrong but like most JWs just shelved it, 'waiting on Jehovah'. But something moved me to read Ray Franz's books a couple of months ago and it was like opening a Pandora's Box. Well.. all those things just can't be put back! The resulting feelings are hard to describe, but 'torn apart' fits well. It feels as if things are getting better on that side but meetings and FS are very difficult and I do as little as possible. However I still love Jehovah and Jesus and love reading my bible and I am finding out so many wonderful things without the WT glasses on!!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This place is the Wild West of Ex-JWs on the Internet and I LOVE IT that way.

There are places for more highbrow discussion. There are places more focused on support and recovery. But NO place has EVERYTHING like THIS place has.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit