WTS successfully counters claims it is a "false prophet"

by trthskr 87 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Can the WTS. successfully deny or counter the claim of it being a organization of idiocy and

corruption ? It should be realised that t his religion was started by a clothing salesman and

a corrupt lawyer, not by well educated bible theologians .

It was religion started by power seeking opportunistic men who were deceivingly cunning

enough to exploit and manipulate the bible and the unfortunate people who became allured into

what they publicly presented.

The WTS. came to the public as just another example of the many diverse acts of charlatanism seen in the open

market arena of Free America.

• factfinder
    factfinder

thetrueoone-

those are very good points you bring out that the WTS was founded by a clothing salesman and then a corrupt lawyer.

If God always had an organization on earth, Charles Taze Russell decided not to join it, but to start up his own. They would never admit this of course.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

If JW's never claimed to be prophets or inspired then I will be elected President of the US this year.

*** g86 6/8 p. 9 “Would That All Were Prophets!” ***
    You will be interested to learn that God has on earth a people, all of whom are prophets, or witnesses for God. In fact, they are known throughout the world as Jehovah’s Witnesses. Out of love for God and his Word, they are carrying on a universal Bible educational work among old and young, rich and poor. They have hundreds of thousands of full-time voluntary workers, some of whom translate and print Bibles and Bible educational literature that is distributed inexpensively, or even free of charge. They are assisted by millions of part-time workers. Any of these will be happy to help you “discern the signs of the times” and embrace the wonderful hope contained in God’s Word, the Bible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grqrx2HpMG4

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Wow thats quite the video Disreetslave.

One thing I've noticed about JWS is the organization will tell misinformation lies when self describing itself as

well as supporting Rank and file members.

There's always a presentation of disingenuous twisting of words as a intention to protect the organization at all costs.

But thats the way the WTS. indoctrinates people to do just that, then they ironically say they are in " The Truth ".

A true play of corrupt psychological manipulation.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you for sharing that video Discreetslave.

How frustrating that my jw brother would never view it or consider the paragraphs that it quotes from.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    In the last 125 2000 years, Jehovah ’s Witnesses Christendom churches have published literally millions of words in publications such as The Watchtower. This includes powerful arguments against atheism and the theory of evolution, eloquent defences of the Bible as the inspired word of God, articles upholding the Bible’s stance on moral issues such as abortion, fornication, adultery and homosexual lifestyles. Watchtower Christendom's publications have long exhorted their readers to display Christian qualities and imitate Jesus. They have shown how applying the Bible’s counsel can benefit family life. Through their writings The Watchtower, millions billions of people have been comforted by the Bible’s message of hope.

Fixed that for you. You see, all the good things that can be said of the Watchtower, can be said of Christendom. All the bad things said of Christendom, can be said of the Watchtower.

• reslight2
    reslight2

factfinder stated:

those are very good points you bring out that the WTS was founded by a clothing salesman and then a corrupt lawyer.

If God always had an organization on earth, Charles Taze Russell decided not to join it, but to start up his own. They would never admit this of course.

While the JWs project their organization back into the days of Russell, Russell himself did not start up any such organization. He continued to preached against the need of any "outward organization" until his death.

http://rlctr.blogspot.com/2008/09/xf01-catholic-church.html

After Russell died, Rutherford almost immediately began to promote the idea of "organization", and he began to use the legal entity (The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Soceity) as a basis to form his new organization. By the 1928, the Bible Students, as a whole (represented by the vast majority) had rejected Rutherford's new organization.

• reslight2
    reslight2

Terry stated:

What is honest about speculation if it is not labeled SPECULATION or OPINION upfront? When Russell brackets his speculations with "god's dates, not ours" it sounds less like Opinion and more like "channeling" as the "mouthpiece" of god. Or am I missing something?

Russell's words are often quoted out of context and placed in the context of the claims of the JW organization. What Russell actually stated, was:

"They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours." Russell, using an editoral "we" -- stated his "belief" -- his "opinion" -- that they are God's dates, and he was firm in stating his belief; he was not being dogmatic. He was not saying that everyone had to accept what he believed, nor was he claiming that he knew for a fact that what he believed was beyond error. Indeed, in the context of those words, he stated, "But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble. We see no reason for changing from our opinion expressed in the View presented in the WATCH TOWER of Jan. 15, '92." (Watch Tower, July 15, 1894) Note that he did indeed use the words "opinion" and "view".

I will not, however, that his statement here regarding 1914 being the date for the end of the time of trouble is stated evidently because there were some of the Bible Students who were saying that they believed that the time of trouble was to begin -- not end -- in 1914. Russell had accepted Barbour's view that the time of trouble was to end in 1914, and for many years he did not seem to understand why some of the Bible Students were thinking otherwise. However, evidently after much discussion, in 1904 (ten years before 1914) Russell changed his "view" from that he had held to earlier, and which he expressed in 1894 in the article referenced, and came to accept that 1914 was to see the beginning -- not the end -- of the time of trouble. Thus, from 1904 up to 1914, Russell held to the view that the time of trouble was to begin in 1914, and he believed until he died in 1916 that the time of trouble did begin in 1914. However, to get the proper perspective of all of this, one has to take Russell out of the context of the organization concept of the JWs, or out of the context that many present him as being a prophet, and realize that he was did not regarding himself as the dictator of any such organization, and certainly not as a prophet.

There were several different viewpoints amongst the Bible Students when Russell was living, and Russell never considered himself as one to demand his view on all the Bible Students. Indeed, he many times presented differing viewpoints in the pages of the Watch Tower.

Nevertheless, I can also firmly say that I believe that they are God's dates; I do not mean that to be dogmatic. I admit that what I believe in this regard may be wrong, even though I firmly believe it to be correct; I can only say that God will reveal to all whatever is in error in His own due time.

Yes, Russell believed himself to a mouthpiece for God, but he also believed that all true Christians, regardless of denominational ties, are God's mouthpieces.

http://ctr.reslight.net/?p=530

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit