Foolproof Dating Tip for Men

by MeanMrMustard 24 Replies latest social relationships

• TD
    TD
    Some women like to size you up by the animals you like. If given the choice among animals, choose the cutest one.

I've read a variation of that idea written from a women's point of view. The advice was to watch a man you're dating around animals and see how he interacts with and treats them. If he's the kind of person that can put any animal in ecstasy because he intuitively knows exactly how and where to rub, then he probably has a talent for um, well, other things as well.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"...he intuitively knows exactly how and where to rub.."

• TD
    TD

LOL - Don't tell me that you don't rub a cat under the chin, on the back of the neck, at the base of the tail, etc. just to hear it purr.

• Terry
    Terry

My dating tip is to find a woman who has reasons for what she does and the opinions she holds.

Also, if she says she "loves that song" but doesn't care who wrote it--I head for the door. How can you LOVE something and not care about where it came from and who brought it into being?

Women who ever say "Whatever" are accursed.

Women who get excited about sports I don't want to be around. If they PLAY sports, that's different.

Never commit to a relationship with a woman until you've seen her VERY ANGRY. That is a great revealer of character or lack of same.

Women who know how much things cost but don't care about the value...forget it.

Women who read Romance novels and vampire horror....forget it.

Women who can actually quote a real poem by somebody born before they were born....grab them immediately.

Women who go to plays....don't let them escape.

Women who do needlework....find the exit and run.

Women who sew their own clothes....hug them and don't let them out of the room.

Women who actually listen to Frank Sinatra INSTEAD OF Michael Buble' are worth spending your life with. Especially, if they know the difference.

Women who don't eat meat? Boring.

Hoarders, collectors, knick-knack lovers----a pox on their houses!

Women interested in ideas and can talk about them without arguing......a treasure forever.

Women with patience but who are never late for anything.....solid gold!

So, now you know why I live alone and have since 2006!

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Fully agree with your last sentence, Terry :)

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

to TD.....insert that "hmhmmm" sound here that black women do so well !

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

mrsjones5-darling! I did say from my OWN trial and error, perhaps it was just me picking toads. I'd like to think that your hubby's hatred of cats, is solely because his immune system freaks out when they are around him. NOT because he secretly thinks up ways to torture the fuzzy dears.

If I had known the cat question worked so well for me, I could've spared myself a hellacious first marriage.

I did pop the cat question to hubby number 2, and he actually had his very own kitty. So I knew that he was a good guy. 20 years later, it still is really good.

Seriously however, the SPCA magazine I used to get, had an article focusing on people who abused animals, cats are a big target of abusers, and they have found that people who abuse animals move on to human targets a large portion of the time. Think Jeffery Dahmer, the cannibal serial killer, he started with animals.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I've been told it's best not to date a woman who has a dog smaller than a six-pack of beer. Makes sense to me.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I have 4 cats and we are a package deal. If a man wants regular access to the pussy he has to at least not be mean to the other 4 I have. I made a commitment to my cats when I brought them into my home and I take that seriously. It doesn't mean a man has to love cats it just means he can't ask me to get rid of them or hurt them. If a man wants to make a good impression on me he will accept the cats in my life and treat them with kindness.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Don't get me wrong, I love cats. I had three cats (Kitty, Tucker, and Henry) before I met my husband. I would love to have another cat (and if my husband wasn't so allergic to cats he would let me have one) but I love my husband more. I would pick him over a cat any day. I fully understand my husband's distaste for cats, can you blame him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit