NEW YEAR STRATEGY: CHOOSE your BATTLEGROUND carefully!

by Terry 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Violia
    Violia

Thank you again, Terry. I see I missed a great debate , one I could have attended.
    this is an overview of the debate. the actual debate can be purchased. I am a bit disappointed in the young lady who is speaking here-- as she her words almost run together at times.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"Choose your battleground. Don't fight in Magic land"--- some of the best advice ever.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Choose your Battleground carefully .... Start with a study of Bible history. How we got the Bible cannon of today. Why some books were chosen, others rejected. This especially holds true for the so called NT.

Then delve into Bible translations. There were 5 or 6 complete English translations before the KJV came into existence. Most of them were based on the Latin Vulgate. As far as I can remember the uniqueness of the KJV was the fact it was translated by committee. It to relied on the Latin Vulgate, and the previous English versions.

Take the time to do that. Look at both sides of the issue, pro and con. Do that and you will at the very least have a better understanding of what the Bible is.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Power and control is what the bible is.

History demonstrates that remarkably well i think

oz

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear oz...

you said: "Power and control is what the bible is. History demonstrates that remarkably well i think"...

the bible and the church TOGETHER are set apart from secular authorities for the simple fact that they are to espouse and maintain a coda of morality within society that is not subject to the winds of change...otherwise...who or what "culture/person" has the authority over another "culture/person" to define what morality is...one persons pedophillia is another persons virgin bride etc...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_petition_against_age_of_consent_laws

+ imo, at some point the church that believes the bible IS the sword of the Spirit will be the only thing standing between you and the fanatical islamist...

love michelle

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    If you can get somebody to acknowledge it is ALL opinion you are well on your way to sanity.

So anyone who takes religious beliefs seriously is insane?

Using a medical discourse to undermine a philosophical/religious one is a power play.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit