Does your PET require too much attention?!

by Voices 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
  • juni
    juni

This was helpful for me:

Play with them before bedtime to get some of that out of their system.

and.............

Save 1/2 their dinner and feed them after playtime.

Cats tend to be nocturnal. So there's going to be some activity at night. Your goal is to give them the attention they want and then they'll be more apt to find entertainment doing other things besides bugging you.

• Voices
    Voices

Juni! that's AWESOME. I never thought of that, but good job on that girl. Um...the food thing, I just keep his bowl refilled. He's not fat or anything, but he was malnourished before I got him. I mean seriously...this cat has seen trauma....which i think is why he is so needy sometimes. but playing with him for a short while. Good idea.

Thanks!

Me

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I just spent a week watching my daughters 4 month old kitty and 2 dogs at her house while they went to Vegas..
    The cat slept all afternoon (as did the dogs) and she played all night..I could hear all kinds of activities while I was in bed. I heard her batting her jingle bell toys, her mouse squeakies and once in a while a small crash and I wondered what I would be getting up to in the morning. I just let her run..she has fun and I didn't lose any sleep over it.
    The dogs snoring is a different story..
    The one dog is trained (she trained herself) to ring the bells hanging on the front door when she wants out. She seems to know when it is 6:45 AM and rings the bell..

I went and fed the kitty and by the time I was finished the doggie wanted back in and we all went back to sleep for another hour (including the worn out and fed kitty)

I told my daughter about the playing before bedtime but it wound her up..made sense to me that it would wear her out..but it had the opposite effect.

They are just programed to play at night I guess...

Snoozy..who is glad she has no pets as much as she loves them..

• White Dove
    White Dove

My cat has a dog to pick on. I do have to get up and let the kitteh out of the bedroom (she sleeps 1/2 the night on my bed) to use the litter box in the living room, where she'll spend the rest of the night. She's fixed, so I don't think she yowls any. No neighbors have complained, but she is an indoor only kitteh. I think the wheel might squeak when the mouse is running on it, but not sure.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Or, you know, not have a cat. That prevents pets from waking me up in the middle of the night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit