Yin & Yang

by N.drew 10 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew

There is a whole lot of nasty stuff on forum*.

Me too, I am guilty.

So then, maybe balance is a good thing and more balance is something to seek.

Is it so hard to be nice once in a while?

When someone is nice, some posters cry groupy. (is that a word?)

Hahaha

When we agree with something posted does not mean we want to be the same as the poster.

I have heard personality is not contagious. And forum has proved it to me.

So why not let's practice some yin yang and then once in a while say something nice?

How about that?

* by the way, my spelling is not so bad. Grammar bad**, but spelling not bad. OK?

** what? I go for prose (in the construct of resistance-you know it-perseptive of ya'll-evolution not so bad).

• cantleave
    cantleave

Here's a pic of Yin and Yang Kitties

• sizemik
    sizemik

Good morning N.drew . . . I trust you are well today.

I must say . . . your spelling is very good.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes very cute cantleave!

Pictures are good for balance.

But I was thinking of words.

(I think that is not what you meant.)

What I mean is criticism abounds on forum, than when some one says; I think that's a good idea (which is a nice thing to do-I don't know if it's yin or yang, does it matter?), other posters insult the poster posting the compliment.

I think balance matters.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Good morning to you too sir!

I am well, thank you.

The spelling is google's good work.

But I have heard that a bad speller lets it go, a good speller doesn't necessariy know how to spell a word but knows when it's wrong. That's me!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Criticism is healthy, as long as it is not used as a bullying tactic.

I criticise when I see stupidity, and agree when I see common sense.

I am not verbose but like to make my point succintly and believe that a picture can say a thousand words (I am also lazy and hate typing ).

• N.drew
    N.drew

Good cantleave. You are one of very few that I wasn't talking to. And funny thing is, sizemik too, same.

Criticism is healthy. I like it. But do you get the feeling some posters are stuck in criticism gear? That is who I posted to. It's almost like the air controls something or other.....

Why should the air rule? I say let's get back to balance and say "air you have no power over me!" So even though you might love your meany nature, why not be nice sometimes? Nobody should be all nice or all mean. Right?

• finally awake
    finally awake

Focusing on the negative leads to a grumpy, unhappy personality. For example, witnesses read and listen to talks that blather on and on about how awful the "world" is, how much they don't deserve anything good from God, how they aren't doing enough for God, how they need to avoid this thing or that thing. It's a very negative narrative, and it makes people miserable. On the other hand, people who focus on positive, pleasant things tend to be happier and more content. Not that a relentlessly perky, upbeat attitude is necessary all the time - but if you can't ever put aside the negative and enjoy life, what's the point? You are in a prison of your own making.

• old fart
    old fart

FA- I got a smile reading your post. I've been guilty of some not so nice behaviour in the past when posting. Unlike the JW that are hard pressed for making any necessary personality changes, some of us do and it makes me a happier person.

"Misery likes company"...and I refuse playing that game with anyone; although we understand the JW wants the world to believe they are the happiest people on the planet, we know differently. So yes, a few kind words can go a long way because we no longer separate ourselves from the world that the JW damns. We want acceptance, we offer the same in like.

For the most part, my opinion only, the more kindness we show, the more we can see from others. That doesn't mean we are push overs for those wanting to do harm - I just don't live in daily drama, judging someone as unfit.

I'll go to my grave not liking, nay, hating the WTBTS for doing what they do. And yet it's a personal decision the individual makes for staying in their rank. I'm eternally grateful for those that have found freedom from them...and share with others. Linda

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hi Linda! Welcome! Are you new?

I liked finallyawake's post too.

The meetings were getting so negative. What really woke me up was when it was said on platform at convention "soon six billion hearts will stop beating". Can they get more negative than that?

Nancy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit