Putting together a brochure that debunks the "Memorial"...

by Alfred 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I like the Shades of Grey approach, sort of. Not that you're telling the rank and file JW that he/she doesn't exist but that the Memorial has nothing to do with them AT ALL and so there really is no scriptural reason for them to attend.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Yes Mad Sweeney, my point is that per WT teachings, the Great Crowd has no mediator, no Heavenly Father, and no hope.

Alfred, I will pray that your campaign is a success.

I am taking another look at it. I really like the question as a header. I didn't notice it before.

Here is how I used that same scripture read at the memorial:

1 Corinthians 11:25, 26 23 For I received from the Lord that which I also handed on to YOU , that the Lord Jesus in the night in which he was going to be handed over took a loaf 24 and, after giving thanks, he broke it and said: “This means my body which is in YOUR behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” 25 He did likewise respecting the cup also, after he had the evening meal, saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood. Keep doing this, as often as YOU drink it, in remembrance of me.”

“As often as you drink it.” But we are told not to drink it.

“Drink out of it, all of YOU ; 28 for this means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins.” Matthew 26:28 So if we don’t drink it, we aren’t part of the New Covenant?

“The great crowd of other sheep that is forming today is not in that new covenant.”—Watchtower 4/1/1979 Then we don’t have forgiveness of sins?!!!

1 Corinthians 11:26 “For as often as YOU eat this loaf and drink this cup, YOU keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives.” Didn’t he arrive in 1914?

Jehovah's Witnesses, why are you STILL inviting people to "The Memorial"?

For I received from the Lord that which I also handed on to YOU, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which he was going to be handed over took a loaf and, after giving thanks, he broke it and said: “This means my body which is in YOUR behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” He did likewise respecting the cup also, after he had the evening meal, saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood. Keep doing this, as often as YOU drink it, in remembrance of me.” For as often as YOU eat this loaf and drink this cup, YOU keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives . -1 Corinthians 11:23-26

When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne . –Matthew 25:31

Another noteworthy evidence of Jesus’ having already arrived invisibly in glory is the separation of people into two distinct groups. –Awake! July 22, 1973 page 5

“The faithful and discreet slave” cannot be one person. Why not? Because the slave began serving spiritual food back in the first century, and according to Jesus, the slave would still be doing so when the Master arrived in 1914 . –Watchtower March 1, 2004 page 8

(Note: I want to keep this a short as possible since I want to be able to capture people's attention with brief "bullet" points having high impact)

I would take out the part I struck out. It adds unnecessary words. I was actually a little confused.

Another thing to note here is that Jesus said ALL authority has been given me.-- Matthew 28:18 So how did Jesus' position change in 1914? (Pssst... it didn't).

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Alfred, I might use your tract this memorial season. :) Look at this scripture!

so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. Hebrews 9:28

It is pretty clear to me that there is no "appearing in 1914" and again in the future.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Shades of Grey.... thanks! I will include the part about the great crowd,,,

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I've been told the memorial is a mirror of the occult 'reject/mock the Christ'. However, apart from this being said I haven't been able to find a direct reference anywhere.

I'd like to see some documented evidence that by passing the crackers and vinegar this is mocking the Christ.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

What I would like to do is get these distributed at all the local churches so that when JWs show up to invite people to the Memorial, they will get handed an anti-witness nearly every time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit