Putting together a brochure that debunks the "Memorial"...

by Alfred 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alfred
    Alfred

With "memorial season" just around the corner, I am planning to put together a small brochure (or maybe just a plain-looking document on letter-sized paper) that exposes the embarassing fact that JWs still hold their "Memorial" every year even though, by their own teachings, they should have had their last one in 1914. I plan to give it to the next elder who stops by to "count his time" during memorial season. But hopefully, this will happen before they start canvassing my neighborhood since I plan to distribute it to my neighbors as well.

I've just started this morning with the following "quick draft" (but I would appreciate your comments and insight... thanks):

Jehovah's Witnesses, why are you STILL inviting people to "The Memorial"?

For I received from the Lord that which I also handed on to YOU, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which he was going to be handed over took a loaf and, after giving thanks, he broke it and said: “This means my body which is in YOUR behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” He did likewise respecting the cup also, after he had the evening meal, saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood. Keep doing this, as often as YOU drink it, in remembrance of me.” For as often as YOU eat this loaf and drink this cup, YOU keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives . -1 Corinthians 11:23-26

When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne . –Matthew 25:31

Another noteworthy evidence of Jesus’ having already arrived invisibly in glory is the separation of people into two distinct groups. –Awake! July 22, 1973 page 5

“The faithful and discreet slave” cannot be one person. Why not? Because the slave began serving spiritual food back in the first century, and according to Jesus, the slave would still be doing so when the Master arrived in 1914 . –Watchtower March 1, 2004 page 8

(Note: I want to keep this a short as possible since I want to be able to capture people's attention with brief "bullet" points having high impact)

thanks!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Technically, that is correct that Jesus "arrived" in 1914, if one is to believe their doctrine and thus the Supreme Boasting Session (REJECT Jesus Party) should have ended then. However, they are going to twist it to mean "arriving" as in coming in full glory at the battle of Armageddon, pretending that these REJECT Jesus Parties should continue until the Great Tribulation.

However, it might work on people in the territory. If you give them these flyers, and then later they get a waste of paper inviting them to the REJECT Jesus Party, they are going to have a foundation to objectively research the religion even if the Internet Kill Switch is activated (because they can get the information right from their own Bible). All the research they need is right in their own Bible, and will take about 2 minutes. Once they do that, they are unlikely to want to join the cancer. Thus, it will make territory more unproductive than it already is and keep it that way even when SOPA becomes law.

• designs
    designs

Well there's Arriving and then there's really really overlapping Arriving

• Alfred
    Alfred

WT Wizard...

Regarding Jesus' "arrival" or coming in full glory at Armageddon, I'm still looking in my WT CD but haven't found any such statement. Could this possibly be tribal knowledge ignorance passed down from one generation to the next "overlapping" generation???

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I've heard JWs say, "When he takes kingdom power"...whatever that means.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Vanderhoven... I've heard that also...

(So I guess Jesus has been simply "sitting" on his throne for the last 98 years pretending to be in power until the second overlapping generation of 11,000 (and increasing) annointed ones passes away... )

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I found one that Mickey Mouse produced for giving out at last years M. I don't know how to cut and paste it, not that good with 'puters !

• Chalam
    Chalam

Good point :)

Here's another two.

John 6:53-54

English Standard Version (ESV)

53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. Shortly after "the Memorial" I asked two JWs who came to the door if they were "annointed" and they reply "no". After reading the two verses I asked them it they had any life in them or expected to be resurrected to life. They fully expected they had, inspite of Jesus' clear statements and started to tell me what the WT had to say. I pointed out that they took the words of the WT to be a higher authority and truth rather than the words of Jesus Himself. They said they were happy with the WT explanations :( Happy New Year! Blessings in Christ, Stephen xx
  • designs
    designs

Jesus- terrifying children with a tale of cannibalism for 2000 years. So unnecessary, in fact of the matter cruel.

Happy New Year

Blessings from the Human Beings

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I took the approach of their not being a great crowd class mentioned in the Bible.

Wishing you all the best in your endeavors.

Carmen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit