• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Through the new covenant, Jehovah makes blessings
    available to many by means of a few. Those in
    the covenant are few, a mere 144,000. Through
    them,
    millions from all nations will be blessed with
    everlasting life in an earthly paradise. Some who are
    in the new covenant serve Jehovah on earth today.
    They alone properly partake of the bread and the
    wine because the cup "means the new covenant."

No mention of Jesus.

Thank you for that guys.

1800 Christian Denominations 1800 interpretations. As far as this 144,001 doctrine goes its not weirder than any other interpretation just unique. Its Christianity so its got weirdness built in from the get go.

I disagree. I find much more to agree on with brothers and sisters of different donominations than to disagree on. Sometimes different things are more in focus.

1 Corinthians 12:4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord.

There are certainly disagreements between denominations within the church on issues of doctrine, however they all cling to the essential teachings of the fathers of our common faith. Not to do so means they are NOT Christian but heretics. Those essential teachings include Jesus as the son of God and His all sufficient sacrificial atonement for all of mankind's sins, His essential nature as man and God, the existence of the Godhead as one Almighty Unlimited God, Jesus as the only way to God and salvation, the fact of the resurrection in the flesh, the coming second advent of Christ, and the free gift of the salvation given never earned. Remove any one of these articles of faith, and you do not have Christianity but a cult. In all of these you have complete agreement among the various denominations (eschatology gets a little sticky in exactly when and how He will return, but all agree that he is returning).

I find myself agreeing with Christians and making friends with them and I find out much later that they belong to denominations that I thought were quite different (Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal, etc.). In my opinion, the denominations really aren't that different at all. The only difference I notice is that there are people within the visible church of various denominations that are being sanctified and led by the Spirit of Christ, and some who are not.

The New Covenant is the quintessential arrangment between the Almighty and all Christian believers, not merely a select 144,000.

33 “For this is the covenant that I shall conclude with the house of Israel after those days,” is the utterance of Jehovah. “I will put my law within them, and in their heart I shall write it. And I will become their God, and they themselves will become my people.”

34 “And they will no more teach each one his companion and each one his brother, saying, ‘KNOW Jehovah!’“For I shall forgive their error, and their sin I shall remember no more.” (Jer. 31:33, 34) for they will all of them know me, from the least one of them even to the greatest one of them,” is the utterance of Jehovah.

It is the Great Crowd of Jehovah’s Witnesses’ stated purpose to teach the resurrected during the thousand years how to know God and Jesus based on written decrees, but this is at direct odds with the New Covenant where the Almighty is changing hearts from the inside out through the power of the Holy Spirit, not through the imposition of more externally imposed Mosaic-like laws and decrees. Through the sacrificed blood of his son, Jesus, God forgives sin and redeems man by virtue of grace through their faith in Christ and his sacrifice. He does not teach man to be sinless or perfect, nor does he forgive sins in the Christian era based on their successfully passing tests in another life.

AMEN!

• Listener
    Listener

You've really hit the nail on the head Shades of Grey and what I am personally coming to appreciate.

The new covenant is the main issue and understanding what it is about is all important.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Yes Listener, that part that you are impressed with was quoted from jonathon dough, and he did hit the nail on the head. That was what I noticed last March when I went to the memorial, thus I quoted him in order to agree.

Here are my thoughts as written to a friend of mine, informing her of my disassociation:

I have decided to disassociate myself from Jehovah's Witnesses. I have decided that I cannot agree with their doctrines or support them in any way. They teach that Christ is not the mediator between God and all mankind. I think that they are keeping people away from a relationship with God by teaching that only 144,000 are God's Children with the Holy Spirit to guide them. Romans chapter 8, Matthew 13, 1 John 3 only have two classes of people and if they are not Children of God, they are not part of God's people at all. As a result, the Great Crowd has no mediator, no Heavenly Father, and no hope. I also see that if one is a Child of God, then one is part of the kingdom covenant as well.

1 John 5:1 Everyone believing that Jesus is the Christ has been born from God,

Romans 8:8,9,16 8 So those who are in harmony with the flesh cannot please God.

9 However, YOU are in harmony, not with the flesh, but with the spirit, if God’s spirit truly dwells in YOU. But if anyone does not have Christ’s spirit, this one does not belong to him.

YOU received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!” 16 The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Galatians 3:28,29 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for YOU are all one [person] in union with Christ Jesus. 29 Moreover, if YOU belong to Christ, YOU are really Abraham’s seed, heirs with reference to a promise.

“But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts.”--1 Peter 3:15

His name should therefore be sanctified, or set apart as holy. -- Watchtower 1991 9/15 p. 7

…the title “Christ” means “Anointed One” --Watchtower 1969 1/1 p. 29

"First, though, these anointed Christians needed cleansing. As Malachi 3:1-5 had foretold, Jehovah God and his 'messenger of the covenant,' Jesus Christ, came to inspect the spiritual temple in the spring of 1918." Watchtower 1993 5/1 p. 15

Religious history is also full of charismatic leaders who inspired people to be devoted to them but who brought disaster upon their followers. “Be careful that no one misleads you,” warned Jesus, “for many men will come in my name saying ‘I am the Christ’, and they will mislead many.” (Matthew 24:4, 5, Phillips)—Watchtower 1998 2/15 p. 23

"The book YouMaySurviveArmageddonintoGod’sNewWorld, released last June, and the article “Jehovah Is in His Holy Temple,” published in the November 15 English issue of TheWatchtower, prove that Jehovah came accompanied by his Angel of the covenant, Jesus Christ, to the spiritual temple in the spring of 1918."--Watchtower 12/15/55 p. 748

Matthew 24: 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

I have decided to listen to Jesus instead of the Jehovah's Witness Governing Body. I cannot stay and allow my daughter to be taught these things. I, in fact, have not. Since speaking up 5 of my family members are free of the doctrine of men.

Carmen

• designs
    designs

So now you think you are _____________ and in some afterlife you will become _____________

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

The Spanish version is a little more humble. It's state:

Dios hizo este nuevo pacto con un grupo de 144.000 seres humanos. El pone grandes bendiciones al alcance de muchas personas mediante este reducido
    grupo. Millones de hombres y mujeres de todo el mundo disfrutarán de vida eterna en una Tierra paradisiaca gracias a este nuevo pacto. Algunos de los 144.000 están sirviendo a Jehova hoy en la Tierra. Sólo ellos pueden comer del pan y beber del vino porque forman parte del grupo con quienes Jehova hizo el pacto. La sangre de Jesus validó ese pacto.

This now is an English translation from the Spanish one:

God made this covenant with a group of 144,000 people. He puts great blessings available to many through this small
    group. Millions of men and women around the world will enjoy eternal life in a paradise earth thanks to this new covenant. Some of the 144,000 are serving Jehovah on Earth today. Only they can eat the bread and drinking wine because they are part of the group who Jehovah made the covenant . The blood of Jesus validated the pact.

This is the original English version:

Through the new covenant, Jehovah makes blessings
    available to many by means of a few. Those in
    the covenant are few, a mere 144,000. Through
    them, millions from all nations will be blessed with
    everlasting life in an earthly paradise. Somewho are
    in the new covenant serve Jehovah on earth today.
    They alone properly partake of the bread and the
    wine because the cup "means the new covenant."

• Chalam
    Chalam

Once again, the WT refute the very scripture they puport to follow!

Romans 5:17

New International Version (NIV)

17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

1 Timothy 2:5

5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus

John 14:6

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

In Judaism every one has a direct relationship with God, no mediators. A practicing Jew prays, tefillah, 3 times each day to enhance the relationship between themselves and God and the offer and say Blessings- Baruch Atah, and at Meals- Birkat Ha-Mazon. Morning prayers- Shacharit, Noon- Minchah, Evening- Ma-ariv.

• oompa
    oompa

but will any of them even notice really????....almost none..........oompa

• harekrishna
    harekrishna

What a mess. Feel so sorry for the JoeHoe's. Mish mashed ideas/theories. Most JW's dont even have a direct connection to their master.

• Listener
    Listener

That is a lot of family members Carmen, I wonder how many more others will start questioning the teaching because of this.

Thanks for sharing the Spanish version Wolfman. There is a big difference in saying

Millions of men and women around the world will enjoy eternal life in a paradise earth thanks to this new covenant

and

Through them, millions from all nations will be blessed with everlasting life in an earthly paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit