looky what they make the latest watchtower (public) say

by therevealer 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• therevealer
    therevealer

I understand what you are saying Blondie. I too was in the truf for many years. But if you look at the past they were never as blatant as bold. Each of those citations that you provide "includes" them. But this latest (Those in the covenant are few, a mere 144,000. Through them,) citation, they take over. No mention of Jesus. And this is not accidental. You can see them doing this more and more. I think it is disgusting.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Jesus, I'm sorry but

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Just need to get the NWT updated, here ya go GB:

1 Tim 2:5,6

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, a group of men, the Governing Body 6 who gave himself give themselves a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.

• designs
    designs

In Catholicism this is the Sacrement Of The Priesthood- namely that the Mass can only be administered to the Faithful through a sacred priest so that God is appeased regarding human sin. Seeing this may help people understand the JW 144,001 and the Other Sheep doctrine.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

As Blondie pointed out, an indoctrinated JW automatically accepts the statement because of the 144,000 being corulers and the secondary part of the seed along with Christ... which is why this statement referred to, while disturbing to those who have awakened from the Watchtower induced trance, would not seem out of place in the "Study Edition", it does seem a bit outrageous for the "Public Edtion" as these babes would not have a grasp of the deeper truths.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

As most R&F don't really "read" the public version, is there a possibility that the GB knowingly entrap the unwary public with one line of thought while pursuing another in the study version?

• Yura Ivanova
    Yura Ivanova

The 144000 arent even here yet. They are a feature of the end time, and they dont go to heaven either, as they are seen coming through the Great Tribulation along with members of the Great Crowd. If Jesus says he is the way, the truth and the life, and he is the appointed King and son of God, then I am sure we can believe his words in that there is only one way, and that way isnt through anyone else (no matter what they say).

Love your take lost generation.

• blondie
    blondie

Now that I see this in context, the WTS is discussing "who should partake of the bread and the wine?" They would not be including Jesus (who is heaven since 33 C.E.) and is not on earth partaking of the bread and the wine at this time

The WTS has taught that this function of "blessing" through the 144,000 as priests does not begin until they die and are resurrected to heaven not while they are on earth.

3. Who should partake of the bread and the wine?

When Jesus handed the wine to his followers, he said: “This cup means the new covenant.” (1 Corinthians

11:25) The new covenant replaced the Mosaic Law covenant, inwhich God had promised the Israelites

that if they strictly obeyed him, they would become his people. (Exodus 19:5, 6) However, Israel

did not obey God’s voice. So Jehovah provided a newcovenant.— Read Jeremiah 31:31.

Through the new covenant, Jehovah makes blessings available to many by means of a few. Those in

the covenant are few, a mere 144,000. Through them, millions from all nations will be blessed with

everlasting life in an earthly paradise. Somewho are in the new covenant serve Jehovah on earth today.

They alone properly partake of the bread and the wine because the cup “means the new covenant.” —

Read Luke 12:32; Revelation 14:1, 3.

-----------------------------

*** w09 1/1 p. 10 Mary’s Role in God’s Purpose ***The Bible book of Revelation says that 144,000 individuals would be resurrected to heavenly glory to serve alongside Jesus as priests, judges, and kings. (Revelation 14:1, 4; 20:4, 6) As priests, they will share in applying the merits of Jesus’ sacrifice to all obedient mankind, raising them to spiritual, moral, and physical perfection. (Revelation 21:1-4)

• designs
    designs

1800 Christian Denominations 1800 interpretations. As far as this 144,001 doctrine goes its not weirder than any other interpretation just unique. Its Christianity so its got weirdness built in from the get go.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

They basically make what Jesus did for us worthless by that paragraph. I'm disgusted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit