The Governing Body: the Harderliners versus the Moderates

by Londo111 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano
    LOL! Jesus would never even get accepted to Bethel!

That's a great comment bts. Someone should build a new thread around that something like let me count the ways why Jesus would have been rejected from Bethel.

The Governing body: so one day they are meeting and an aid rushs in yelling"I've got good news and bad news......... the good news is that Jesus has come back and he's on the phone and wants to talk to one of you. "that's wonderful news.........what is the bad news?" a GB member asked. "He's calling from Salt Lake City".

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The Jehovher God would kill his once precious Jesus. Do they consider Jesus the son of God? I keep getting confused. Abraham had the sense to feel a force (his guilty conscience) stop the knife. Jehovah would stab and stab until no flesh or muscle was left.

No, I doubt Jesus would be allowed at Bethel. Feeding people, healing people that xxxx wasted a lot of time that he could have knocked on tents or whatever structures Palestine had.

I love these threads that descend into witty jokes/

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

based on the study editions of the watchtower there are no moderates, imo.

• TD
    TD

I think the 'moderates' have mostly passed away during the last decade

• Londo111
    Londo111

Yourmomma,

Yes...the Watchtower studies always left me feeling down, never built up. Then again, they did say discouragement was the Devil's best tool!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

JWs without inside knowledge do not know the names of the Governing Body? Hearing the GB instead of human names gives it more zip and magical power. I never cease to be amazed.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They are in "circle the wagons" mode now. No ideas, no progress, simply hold on to the sheep they have now and beat them into submission. Coerce the born-ins into baptism at a young age, sell the property in Brooklyn and kick back until they receive their heavenly calling die.

It is a mixed blessing that there has been no one step up to fill the shoes of Fred Franz. On one hand, he mobilized the troops. On the other, he created the biggest "trick bag" for the Org that there ever was in recent time by setting a date that went unfulfilled. It had been 50 years since they set a previous date in stone (1925) and had finally "outlived" the Beth Sarim disaster. The 1975 prediction created a lot of interest and the greatest organizational growth in history. But, thanks to the www they can't make it just go away (although they have put some damn good spin on it). Over 35 years later, it still haunts the WTS each passing day.

Like Habakkuk, the GB must be wondering why Jehovah is delaying (tho not late). Most of them are all fairly young men (relatively), they have a long time to wait it out. Maybe they need to draft someone from here like Lars or "lots of numbers and letters" who can put some decent spin on things to at least baffle most of the R&F.

DOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit