The Governing Body was at the meeting tonight

by wannabefree 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I gave in and went to the meeting tonight. First Thursday meeting in a couple of months ... WHY?!

The whole Congregation Bible/Book Study was praise and worship of the Governing Body!

I wanted to scream!

The term does not exist in the Bible, yet, the term is in chapter 14 of the 'Bearing Witness' book 27 times!

The study was only on paragraphs 11-20 ... governing body over and over and over in the reading, questions, comments .... if there is an elder here who handled that study, I want to know how you can do it?!

Then, the last part of the Service Meeting was on Acts 10:1-23 and how to apply it in the ministry ... the brother took this whole thing out of context ... he used the entire account to get across how we have to accept changes from the faithful slave, even when shocking, like Peter being told to eat meat that he considered unclean, and adapt and expand our ministry.

I just had to vent.

• Azazel
    Azazel

i know i was at that meeting and it was sickening.

A uber pioneer sister said we should all pray down under on thu for jehovah to bless the gb meeting on wednesday.

if this isnt cult worship of a group of nameless men.SICK!

no other organization apart from Mafia etc doesnt say who is running the show? Why? cant we handle their names? are they too glorious for us to know??????? WTF now im venting too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pissed Az

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Azazel wrote: cant we handle their names? are they too glorious for us to know?

I thought their names are known. A google search for governing body of jehovah's witnesses should bring up a wikipedia page with their names.

• Azazel
    Azazel

but why hide them in fake humility? oh we are soo humble we dont want any cult following! just cult follow our club instead!

sorry interested on e i just thought they should have put their names with the photo.what if you were a non jw would it make sense? hell no.

Az

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Azazel: True. Their whole anonymity thing always bothered me as an outsider. It never made me think they were humble. It just makes them look weird. I feel more comfortable knowing who the author is when I read.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Hm. I find this most interesting, especially the service meeting part. I wonder if Acts 10 was used by other brothers (following an outline?) to say the same thing, about "accepting changes from the faithful slave, even when shocking." !!!!!

This makes me wonder if they're preparing us for some "new light" or new announcements…..

And yes, Azazel, the average JW has no clue who the GB are! It's quite a mystery to most. They may know or recognize one or two names or faces, but in my experience that's about it!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I wonder if Acts 10 was used by other brothers (following an outline?)

I don't think so, it was pretty open in the OKM instructions, I was surprised the way this brother chose (I am assuming) to approach it.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Then, the last part of the Service Meeting was on Acts 10:1-23 and how to apply it in the ministry ... the brother took this whole thing out of context ... he used the entire account to get across how we have to accept changes from the faithful slave, even when shocking, like Peter being told to eat meat that he considered unclean

Yours wasn't the only hall where this application was made - if the GB (he said 'GB') tell us to adopt a radical change, we should accept it even if we may not like it or find it shocking. The earlier 'Acts book' study had already set the mood for the later 'Acts 10' talk. I can't remember much application to FS apart from when sincere ppl pray, they'll get a knock on the door from JWs, and JWs aren't to be prejudiced.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I would suggest the brother didn't take it out of context...

The service dept GB would have planned the part. Doesnt the KM say how parts should be done these days?

Oz

• iarts
    iarts

I went to our meeting (hated every second of it).

One elder called the GB 'the voice of Jehovah' ... that really annoyed me.

re: the KM article, the application was 'not showing prejudice in the ministry'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit