A Question About Genesis 5:1-3

by Voices 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Voices
    Voices

Well let me make another assertion:

Is it possible that Cain was conceived through the advesary? I point to the gospel of philip:

"He who has been created is beautiful, but you would <not> find his sons noble creations. If he were not created, but begotten, you would find that his seed was noble. But now he was created (and) he begot. What nobility is this? First, adultery came into being, afterward murder. And he was begotten in adultery, for he was the child of the Serpent. So he became a murderer, just like his father, and he killed his brother. Indeed, every act of sexual intercourse which has occurred between those unlike one another is adultery."

and then adam had sex with eve? and Able was born? but because Able was murdered...thats why we were from adam's image? through seth? Which explains why he isn't mentioned in the lineage? It would also explain why there's an enmity between the two different types of 'seeds' ...? I mean it IS possible for a women to conceive TWO offsprings from two different men. I mean it doesn't say 'adam knew his wife AGAIN ' and then she bore able. It's almost as if they were twins...but from different fathers. i'm just throwing this out htere to see what happens

Mr. Me

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Check out the link I posted. IMO cain is used as an abject lesson...whatever that means.

If you read the narrative (and watch the video) there was no reason for god to reject cains offering. Cain was the 1st born and he was the one who decided to take his first fruits and offer them to god than able followed suit offering his flock.

• Voices
    Voices

Darth, thank you for showing me that, and yes I did watch it, but that's not what i'm trying to address...

Jude 14 states that Enoch was the SEVENTH of adam's lineage...

7) Enoch

6)Jared

5)Mahalalel

4)Kenan

3)Enosh

2)Seth

1) Adam

Jude 1:14 says Enoch was 7th in "descent BEGINNING WITH Adam"............where the fuck is Cain? and Able? It says in Genesis that Adam was 130 years old when he gave birth to SETH...his son in 'HIS own Image'......the image of ADAM. NOT GOD. So i'm wondering..even if Adam had martial relations with Eve...that doesn't necessarily mean...Cain was the first born of Adam's seed. Infact, it makes MORE sense that Cain was NOT included because He was part of the Seed of the advesary...and Able was murdered and therefore not included in the 'lineage.'

Now i'm not trying to create a BAD name for Cain ...BUT, I am curious as hell why there's an omission here.

I do know that in Genesis 4:1 it says that the man had sex with his wife and gave birth to cain and then able his brother. Now what i'm wondering is...is it possible that they were twins? Heteropaternal Superfecundation? Where one father was one Child (advesary ...Cain) and then the Second was fathered by another (adam...Able)? That would also explain why Cain wasn't part of Adam's lineage? and Able...well his lineage died because well yeah...we know waht happened there.

Me

• Ding
    Ding

It's giving the genealogy of Noah, Abraham, and the Jewish patriarchs rather than giving all the descendants or even the first ones born.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I think they treat cain as dis-inherited and therefore not mentioned in the geneology.

• Voices
    Voices

i'm confused

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

Yes you are very confused. Enoch's Great Great Grandfather was Seth. Therefore Seth is listed in genealogical records leading up to Israel. It is not a list of firstborn sons as you appear to think. Obviously Cain and Abel are not listed because the nation of Israel didn't descend from them.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sometimes, when things don't make sense, it really is because they don't make sense, not because we are stupid and need someone cleverer than us to explain it.

• Voices
    Voices

Philadelphia Ponos:

" This is the record 1 of the family line 2 of Adam . [So CAIN should be mentioned here, whether Israel or not. Why? ...you'll see]

When God created humankind , 3 he made them 4 in the likeness of God . 5:2 He created them male and female ; when they were created , he blessed them and named them “humankind .”[NOT JUST ISRAEL, Cain was human wasn't he? Unless he was not from Adam's lineage...and from the Advesary and Eve] 5

5:3 When 6 Adam had lived 130 years he fathered a son in his own likeness , according to his image , and he named him Seth ."

if this was the FIRST son of Adam's lineage, in his OWN image and likeness....is that to say that Cain and Able were NOT in his own image and likeness? Then Who's image were they in?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    is that to say that Cain and Able were NOT in his own image and likeness?

No. It doesn't say that at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit