The latest change in Watchtower vocabulary to catch out the unwary

by slimboyfat 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina

"People are undergoing all sorts of hardships and all sorts of problems the world over, and all they can think to write about is how ordinary Witnesses should alter their language to conform to the latest nit-picking they can come up with? It's pathetic. And I don't think they even realise how pathetic it is because no one tells them to their face how pathetic it is. ..."

Hear, hear - and then some!!!

Yet again, the Watchtower Corporation's leadership - the infamous Governing Body - clearly demonstrates how far out-of-touch with reality they are...

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    "People are undergoing all sorts of hardships and all sorts of problems the world over, and all they can think to write about is how ordinary Witnesses should alter their language to conform to the latest nit-picking they can come up with? It's pathetic. And I don't think they even realise how pathetic it is because no one tells them to their face how pathetic it is. ..."

The Powers That Be know exactly what they are doing.

Do you all think that in addition to changing the vocab to single out the inactives; perhaps updating the vocab gives the JWs the sense that something is new and exciting, and makes the inactives think "wow, things are changing, I am missing out on information, what other things is Jehovah telling them?"

It may be farfetched but I wonder. I think part of the "tweaking" of various beliefs in the org is necessary in order to sell books. They wouldn't make any money if there was nothing "new" to write about. And because the KH is not like a church in the sense that they do not go to "worship/praise" god and/or jesus, they have to keep people coming back, supposedly to learn something new, or else why am I going twice a week. In church you hear a sermon about the scriptures, you sing and praise, you fellowship. It is generally a pleasant experience, and that's why people keep going.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ah yes, I can remember a time when we had a Congregation Servant who directed the other "Servants" in the congregation...Actually that Cong.Servant was old-time and always referred to The Lord rather than Jesus, called his Kingdom Ministry "The Informant" and the Sunday Talk, the "Public Lecture"

The Kingdom Ministry became "Our Kingdom Service...then went back again..We recorded our Not Homes and Back Calls [aka Return Visits] on forms called S8's ..then they were withdrawn, now I am told they are back again.

Hey they even changed the hope before them...We used to long for the New World, then we were told to anticipate the New Order, now they look to a New World again!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It might be fun to draw up a chart of all these terminological changes over the decades. I wonder what would win the prize for most alterations.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

New World, New World Order, Kingdom, New System of Things, New World Society? No, an illusion, that strange as it is makes many people happy and hopefully, but also got many people disullusioned.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Can you explain to me what is happening in that picture?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

It looks like they're dispersing toxic chemicals on WT farms land upstate.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Punkie Honey -

Folded Piece of Paper = Kingdumb Misery= A$$wipe.

Witchtower = A$$wipe.

Asleep! magazine = comic relief.

160 page book = doorstop.

280 page book = barbecue brick.

Leaflet = emergency A$$wipe when you have run out of Kingdumb Miseries.

Please get up to speed. Your langauge does not identify you as one of those keeping their cute little bottom clean with litterature from the Witchtower Babble and Trash Society.

Even now I am being truly loving by A$$uming your butt is cute. Awww...

Non repentance will result in disfellowshitting.

HB

• sd-7
    sd-7

Speaker: "Friends, what is your attitude towards adjustments in our pure language? Is it a negative one? Or are you keeping up with Jehovah's organization? Everyone out there in the world is asleep. They can't keep up with themselves, much less Jehovah.

"If we develop the wrong attiudes, friends, we could start to slowly drift away from the organization. Some friends have done that. They no longer attend the fine circuit assemblies and district assemblies--"

Crowd: "APOSTATE!!! IMPALE HIM, TO THE EXTENT THAT THE LAW OF THE LAND AND THE LAWS OF THE CHRIST ALLOW US!!!"

[Visiting speaker dragged off of stage]

--sd-7

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    It looks like they're dispersing toxic chemicals on WT farms land upstate.

Good one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit