How did life started - the scientific answer!

by dark angle 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho
    Larsinger58 said:
    there is no doubt there is a living God, because I've seen and spoken with him. I'm by far the exception, but that's the reality now

Need I say more?
    -Considering I never ready anything this Fred Franz wannabe says I am surprised I actually picked that out as I attempted to scroll past his post without reading it

I understand why some people might be convinced by what scientists think they are seeing, especially since the Bible notes that Satan would create such destructive propaganda that it might even fool the elect.

in other words: the devil did it. Ya that's a another great argument. This is double think at its finest. This is a very typical response from protagonists with no proof or evidence of anything they are spouting, so much so that even they themselves can't explain what they believe, let alone explain it to others.
    Anyone that has actually wasted 60 minutes of their life to read one of Larsinger58's 3 page long biblical calculations posts, only to see it fail 2 weeks later, then see him change it again even adding a backup date in advance of the other date failing (again), only to see both of those fail also, knows this guy is completely disconnected from reality

The direct appearance of God nullifies any potential claims that evolution disproves the Bible or God for the elect, even though it might seem so. Thus the elect, knowing God exists, must conclude that there is some reasonable explanation for the false-positive results science are coming up with.

You already answered this one.... the devil did it. Remember? Ya that's it, the devil did it. Rock solid

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    Creationism or ID could happily be considered if they would just make some damn predictions that could be tested but as long as they cling to faith then its not science. -Qcmbr

How the f are you supposed to test an entity or cause beyond what we can perceive/measure?

If that entity only caused the Big Bang, well how are you supposed to make a prediction on what it will do?

You're right, this is a realm beyond science, but it doesn't mean it isn't a possibility. Oh, and don't give me that spaghetti monster crap. Let's grow up here and speak civily.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

How the f are you..

Let's grow up here and speak civily.

lol

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

When you make something up that is unknowable ,untestable and which does not accord with the observed evidence in one single way - i.e. something purely from your imagination - and then dare to class it in the same bracket as empirical evidence based science then no it is NOT a possibility any more than Harry Potter is a possibility and will be treated as the fairytale it is - children may however, discuss with wide eyed awe wands and talking animals.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

"Abiogenesis" may be the right answer, but we still do not know the "how." I suspect we'll figure it out eventually.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Evolution, since we can't see it occurring scientifically now..

Larsinger please read - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._coli_long-term_evolution_experiment

• cofty
    cofty

Knowsnothing - Creationism and ID are not "beyond science" as you rather pompously claim, they were never anywhere close to being science. They are faith based assertions based on arguments from ignorance.

"Easily the biggest challenge facing the ID community is to develop a fully-fledged theory of biological design. We don't have such a theory right now, and that's a problem....Rigth now we've got a bag of powerful intuitions, and a handful of notions such as "ireducible complexity" and "specified complexity" but as yet no general thoery of biological design" - Paul Davis of the Discovery Institute.

In other words, there is nothing to say except "goddidit." Once you come up with something positive to say bring it to the table.

• poppers
    poppers

"What evolutionists need to do is disprove the Bible, which they can't."

Aren't you forgetting something? Has anyone proven what the Bible says about the origin of life? Show us some proof of that before ragging on evolutionists.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    Personally, I don't have enough knowledge regarding abiogenesis to form a proper opinion so I'm reserving judgment until I have a better grasp. But I do hate to see the theory of evolution misrepresented to include abiogenesis by default. SBC

This seems to be the position most militant athiests take on here.

When you make something up that is unknowable ,untestable and which does not accord with the observed evidence in one single way - i.e. something purely from your imagination - and then dare to class it in the same bracket as empirical evidence based science then no it is NOT a possibility any more than Harry Potter is a possibility and will be treated as the fairytale it is - children may however, discuss with wide eyed awe wands and talking animals.- Qcmbr

Abiogenesis has been tested several times, and it is only viable in very specific conditions. The question is, were those conditions actually present on earth? Or, do scientists just want to believe, even though it does not "accord with the observed evidence?" There is the second route of if simple organisms "seeded" earth from outer space. Either way, we come back to the same question for the "host" planet.

Is there any way to "test" for string theory? It's interesting that it proposes 10 to 11 dimensions in order for it to work, yet we have no proof or evidence whatsoever of said dimensions. I guess it's pure imagination then.

Science pieces things together and can make conclusions based on direct and indirect evidence. But, there are things science does not have the capacity to do. I believe that, given cosmological inflation theory, we will never seen beyond our light speed barrier of 14 billion light years. That means we have a whole other chunk of universe that cannot be seen, phenomena that may be unique to that portion of the universe.

It's sad to think we may never see beyond that barrier. We know there is more universe beyond what we see. We don't discredit it as imagination. All I'm saying is, just because science has given us some foothold on understanding our universe, doesn't mean it can give it all to us. And, call it god of the gaps, call it what you want, there is always a possibility of something greater than what we see.

I don't know if this video has been presented here before, but why does Richard Dawkins accept the possibility of aliens seeding Earth, and not that of divine intervention?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlZtEjtlirc

Creationism and ID are not "beyond science" as you rather pompously claim, they were never anywhere close to being science. They are faith based assertions based on arguments from ignorance.
    "Easily the biggest challenge facing the ID community is to develop a fully-fledged theory of biological design. We don't have such a theory right now, and that's a problem....Rigth now we've got a bag of powerful intuitions, and a handful of notions such as "ireducible complexity" and "specified complexity" but as yet no general thoery of biological design" - Paul Davis of the Discovery Institute.
    In other words, there is nothing to say except "goddidit." Once you come up with something positive to say bring it to the table. -cofty

I disagree. It is beyond science because, say divine intervention did happen in order to bring about life. How do you test the manipulation of the "right conditions for life"? Mind you, this is all that would have to happen in order for life to appear, do you agree? Have the precise right conditions?

• cofty
    cofty

If you are saying that god's total contribution was to set the intial conditions and then retire you are not saying anything very interesting. Apply Occams Razor and god disappears however. Why posit the most complex thing in the unverse to solve the puzzle of something less complex?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit