I was previewing the March 15th, 2012 Watchtower...

by ziddina 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ironically, the first study article is titled "Help People to Awake From Sleep"...

Ah, the utter cluelessness....

The first thing I thought when I saw the article was, "Jehovah's Witnesses have been disturbing people far too early in the mornings all this time, and now they've written an article boasting about it and encouraging yet more of such irritating behavior!!"

Of course, the article starts out clucking its [their collective] tongue over the fact that some 5,000 people die each year as a result of falling asleep at the wheel of a vehicle - typical "gloom-and-doom" posturing to create feelings of worry and fear in the congregation members.

"Every year, thousands die because they get drowsy or even fall asleep while driving a motor vehicle. Others lose their jobs because they do not wake up in time to go to work or because they fall asleep on the job. ..."

My, my, my...

I wonder how many of those fatalities are Jehovah's Witnesses, worn out by the hectic pace that the Watchtower demands of them, and exhausted by workng at low-paying jobs and trying to make ends meet in addition to trying to "earn" paradise the Watchtower way....

Or those who lose sleep bacause they're kept awake at night by concerns about their standing in the congregation, or the lack of love shown by many members of the congregation, or doubts and questions regarding the latest Watchtower doctrinal flip-flop.

And of course they segue into a tongue-clucking session regarding spiritual "sleep" that is dreadful and "fatal"...

They trot out the tired old boogeyman of "Armageddon" -

"Another way we can 'sleep on' is by ignoring the fact that Jehovah's time to destroy the ungodly has approached. ..."

And they pull in their usual condemnation of apathy by tying it in with spiritual "sleepiness"...

This is so typical - they have the usual "Don't you... Have you not found... Has it not helped..."

Talk about using double negatives in an effort to confuse and bamboozle people...

This is hilarious - paragraph 13...

"Prayer interests people of nearly all cultures, even some atheists..."

And here's a classic, too - paragraph 14...

"We can likely learn much about the art of initiating conversations by observing how experienced publishers do it. Notice how they avoid the apperance of interrogating or prying. ..."

Ah, yeah, until the convert is sucked in - then the elders, the gossipy busy-bodies, and the Watchtower Corporation will ALL be "interrogating" and "prying" into THEIR personal and even intimate business...

And again with the clueless irony!!! Paragraph 15...

"Do you like to be awakened from a deep sleep? Many do not react well when awakened suddenly. ..."

Like by some bible-thumper calling at your door to suck you into a cult...

Okay, here's a chilling number - and I sure hope that it's an exaggeration...

"On average, over 20,000 people each month get baptized as Witnesses of Jehovah. ..."

Ah, if we were able to cut THAT number by half - that would be a significant dent in their machinery!!

That brings me to the end of that article... Good grief...

• Azazel
    Azazel

quick where's the toilet!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I haven't had time to do it, but the article could be re-written, using their own logic and techniques, to bypass their defence mechanism.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

"Every year, thousands die because they get drowsy or even fall asleep while driving a motor vehicle.

Especially if their passenger is a drone JW spouting the ‘Good News’™ at the driver!

Others lose their jobs because they do not wake up in time to go to work or because they fall asleep on the job. ..."

What a weird thing to say. I’m sure many lose their jobs because they think they’re a small piece of haddock stuck on the sole of a policeman’s boot…..but it doesn’t need mentioning!

"Another way we can 'sleep on' is by ignoring the fact that Jehovah's time to destroy the ungodly has approached. ..."

What ‘fact’? Where’s the proof? Oh, sorry: ‘Stay alive ‘til ’75!’ Yes. Armageddon™ is close……….again! Will they never stop ‘overlapping’™?

Prayer interests people of nearly all cultures, even some atheists.

Nearly all? Do I spot a ‘Weasel’ and an untrue statement? It is logical to conclude, evidently! I pray the WBT$ will fall SOON!

We can likely

Ooooh! Weasel alert!

learn much about the art of initiating conversations by observing how experienced publishers do it. Notice how they avoid the appearance of interrogating or prying.

What? They only avoid the ‘appearance of interrogating’? So this is admitting that they are nosey b45tards then!

Do you like to be awakened from a deep sleep? Many do not react well when awakened suddenly.

It’s my hope that many JWs if not ALL will wake up from the ‘mind cleansing’™ and leave the WBT$.

On average, over 20,000 people each month get baptized as Witnesses of Jehovah.

How many leave?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

My, my, my...

I wonder how many of those fatalities are Jehovah's Witnesses, worn out by the hectic pace that the Watchtower demands of them, and exhausted by workng at low-paying jobs and trying to make ends meet in addition to trying to "earn" paradise the Watchtower way....

I knew a certain Bethelite and wife who while working at bethel also decided to aux pioneer as well...

They fell asleep on the way to the territory, while waiting at a red light. Took a lot of honking to wake them up after the light went green.

oz

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Luke 21 v 8: Many will come, saying "the due time HAS APPROACHED. Do not go after them."

So I shant be taking much notice of this article.

HB

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

There was a shaded section top of page 13

Sorry, I couldn't read the whole article as it all makes me want to be sick. Anyway....................

HOW TO KEEP

YOURSELF

AWAKE

?

Keep busy in doing

God’s will

? (Oh, get real. They mean wear yourself out furthering the interests of the cult leaders. Appeal to authority!)

Avoid works belonging

to the darkness

? (Yeah. Get 'New Light'(TM)! Appeal to fear!)

Be aware of the danger

of spiritual slumber

? ('Spiritual' is cult loaded language. In other words 'Do more for the GB who need the power and cash! Appeal to fear, Appeal to authority!)

Maintain a positive view

of people in your territory

? (Keep smiling and perhaps you'll get their cash for the GB to use. Appeal to the common man!)

Try new ways to preach

to others

? (Try anything!! The GB are desparate for the money. Especially use 'theoratic warfare'...lie to get the buggers into the cult.)

Remember the importance

of your ministry

(Wear yourself out trying to 'qualify for eternal life on paradise earth'(TM). It's totally unproductive but we don't want you thinking for yourself! Appeal to authority. appeal to fear.)

Then I saw this 'sales pitch'

Naturally, we would like to help
    our relatives to accept the good news.

Get 'em in! Trap 'em in the cult. THE GB NEED YOU CASH!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

These articles make no sense. Yes, quite a few people die in crashes because they fall asleep at the wheel (including many witlesses returning from Grand Boasting Sessions or going in field circus after less than 4 hours of sleep). This might have to do with driving too slowly, so you get lulled into sleep instead of being stimulated into staying awake or you are later to your destination and more likely to sleep at the wheel. It also has to do with driving too long without a break.

Now, what does that have to do with maintaining urgency in preaching? How many other end-time religions have come along? This rubbish has been a feature of many a religious scam, including the witlesses. This has been running steadily since the 1830s. One form or another of this line of religions has been forecasting the end in short order since then--what happened to 1874? Each time they claim the end is coming in a few years, and nothing happens, the urgency is going to diminish--especially in light of warnings not to pay heed to religions that proclaim things in the name of God only to fail repeatedly. The witlesses have failed consistently. People have other things to do than waste their lives running around in anticipation of the end for whole lifetimes.

The witlesses do this on purpose so any event can be twisted to mean they need to preach more and waste all their time.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Stop playing those Kingdumb Maladies while driving. That should help tremendously.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A gem on page 11

Some (weasel word) people imagine ('Imagine', says who? Sounds like the WBT$ is making it up as they go along......er........no change there then!) that there is no God who will call them to account. (Appeal to fear) (Ps. 53:1) (Appeal to authority) Others imagine that God is (They should have left it right there!)

not interested in us humans, so there is no point in our being interested in him. Still others feel that belonging to a

church (OR Kingdum Hell perhaps?) will make them friends of God. All these people are spiritually (Cult loaded language) asleep. They need to wake up. How can we help

them? (By being truthful for once watchtower? By renouncing your antichrist doctrine? Stop trading! Come clean. Admit that 'Jehovah'(TM) is just the watchtowers' brand name for their made up god!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit