how many JW on this site

by happy man 27 Replies latest jw friends

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

I'm one of the annointed. Does that count?

• lurk
    lurk

this has been the nicest thread yet. except for a few strange bits.like .PROVE your a jw.

DB thats very much how i feel

was quiet angry with "appostates" and felt if i had never logged on to a fake JW site i felt i wouldnt have these probs.

its nice to know at last im not alone as a jw here. looking to make a fair understanding of things

hi violet

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey happy misspeller,not as many as you would think.We`ve got a few real pro dubs,a few wannabes.Mixed in with this bunch are the same posters with many personas.All and all,not many.The great crowd of a few!..LOL...OUTLAW

• Earnest
    Earnest

I would describe myself as Jw rather than JW.

Earnest

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

**********************************Hi happy, I am a jw also. Baptized nearly 29 yrs. I'm not sure if that makes me a lucky guy or not.
    I come here for various reasons, one of which is to read up on subject matter that is almost never discussed among active jws for fear of reprisal, or at the very least for fear of appearing "spiritually weak", or appearing to have a "bad attitude".

Sometimes, I think we have not come all that far at all from the days of the mid-century Inquisitions.*********************************

DB,

When I read your post I thought of Shel Silverstien's poem titled "Invitation".

Hopefully he won't mind me dedicating it to you today.

"If your are a dreamer, come in,
    If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, (liar to mean likes to tell fair tales)
    A hop-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
    If you are a pretender, come sit by my fire
    For we have some flaxen-golden tales to spin.
    Come in!
    Come in!"

For 29 years you've been dreaming that the "Troof" really is the "truth".
    For 29 years you have been wishing and hoping it would come true and been spinning tales out preaching.
    For 29 years you've hoped, prayed, and bought and sold the "magic beans"...

For 29 years you've pretended its the answer but obviously you have questions or you wouldn't be here.

Welcome to the forum.

Keep reading, AND there is no such thing as a stupid question so ask about anything you want info on. BTW, I have a couple for you....

Why is it that the JWs are known for their false prophecys?
    What is significant about 1914, 1925, 1975? and so on and so on with the dates. What obviously didn't happen?
    How long is a generation?

Will be looking for your forth right answers (and please, I don't want WT quotes)

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

OK, it looks like I'm going to have to show up all of these friggin apostates.

I am a currently active JW. I report four hours every month. So, there you have it - a real, live JW.

Unfortunately, I am also a closet athiest.

• lurk
    lurk

4 hours? lol

• greven
    greven

hey there!

yes I am still one too but on my way out. I have been lurking here for a long time. my education and -hell yes- my common sense told me that if you really want to study something like evolution theory, a religion or anything else it is no good to look only at one side of the matter. It can never hurt to see what others think. both parties can learn from eachother. be sure to check everything any party says and most of all : are not afraid to have your own opinion.
    as one of my professors said once:
    "reprove criticism when possible, embrace it where needed."

welcome by the way!
    greven

"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground."
    -from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit