Weird, F'd up dream...

by undercover 18 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I don't usually get too personal here... but I had a fucked up dream last night and it put me in the most foul of moods today...

I gotta type it out while I remember it. Maybe some comments will help as well...

Anyway... I was connected with the mob somehow. I don't know how but I was. No explanation. It seemed plausible at the time. Not on the violent side or anything...more like "after the fact" guy. Maybe a money launderer or something.

Things had been tough lately. Some snitches, some dirty dealing. The captains were looking to expose the rats and were offing them. I was innocent. I had no knowledge of anything.

About this same time a job I was working on (whatever it was...again, no real explanation in this surreal universe) was going down wrong. I was forthcoming to my bosses. I wanted them to know that I wasn't hiding anything, especially while there was a rat loose in the ranks.

They fingered another guy and somehow (again, no explanation) I was associated with him enough to make my captain suspect me. No matter of logical explanation from me could convince him that I was not connected to any double crossing.

It didn't matter. My associate...or accomplice as they called him... and myself were doomed. They took us "in custody" as they called it... I remember those words from the dream... and we had a mock trial. Nothing I said again made a difference. I stayed calm, cool and collected though. I knew I was innocent...but I felt if I acted scared, they'd figure me for guilty. So I kept my cool and tried to rationalize why I couldn't be the rat. The other guy was a basket case. Crying and pleading.

We were found guilty by our kangaroo court and lead to a secluded area by... yep, just like in every mob move... the docks. Our hands were zip tied behind us... but not our legs or feet. We were sitting in old chairs. Three wise guys with hand guns stood over us.

The other doomed man was a blabbering, sobbing mess. He peed his pants. His dispatcher.. his captain... the man that was going to pull the trigger on him... stood over him first and pointed point-blank at his face, eye level. The condemned man jumped up and ran, his hands tied behind him. A futile gesture I knew. But he was no longer in control of his mental faculties. He was going to try anything to get away.

The first shot was not from his captain. It was from my captain. In my knee. I can still remember that part of the dream as clear as if it was real. It was a small caliber gun but I still would have expected a knee shot to be excruciating... except if felt like more of a bee sting. My captain spoke, "it's just the knee...to make sure you didn't try to run". I said, "I understand..."

The other guy didn't get far. The first shot was in the back of his knee, which brought him down. The next two were in the back of his head while he laid face down in gravel, oil and fuel.

I leaned my head back on my chair, closed my eyes and prepared for my turn. I tried to think of what to concentrate on, to somehow fool my brain into not focusing on the searing pain that was sure to follow any second. I did speak one last time. I opened my eyes, looked at my captain and said, "Please...make it a clean kill..." closed my eyes again.

For a split second... I thought of praying.... to Jehovah, no less. But even in my dream state, I knew that was a stupid idea. I then focused on my wife. Just thinking of her made me calm again. I could see her face, her smile... It made me prepared... I was ready now...

But my sub-conscience interrupted somehow and said... "If this was a dream, this is where I would wake up".

And I did.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sounds to me you have been watching "THE GREEN MILE" like I was ....that was all in there
    Or maybe you had a little to much to drink???
    So sorry you had that dream..but its a NEW day.... forget it....Have a nap this afternoon
    Pleasant Dreams from now on....

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wooowwwiiiieeee......

Ah, excuse me for saying this - but....

You DO see the similarities between being a "member" of the Mafia and having been a member of the cult, right???

The pressure to conform absolutely - NO dissent allowed...

The "bad association" causing you to be viewed with suspicion, no matter HOW innocent you were...

The "kangaroo" court - nothing you could possibly say would change their minds about you...[Exept perhaps a letter from a lawyer threatening a lawsuit for libel!!! ]

The brutal "execution" - being "cut off" - er, "spiritually"????

Anyway, that's my take on the dream...

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

I love 'dream' threads...

so....

BUMP!!

• undercover
    undercover

Mouthy: I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this... I've never seen The Green Mile. Just never got around to it. I did see "The Town" the other night. Not sure if that left an impression or not. I did have a drink or two, but that's nothing unusual.

Zid: I did think about the WT connection later on, but the dream was so real in places (though totally out of sync and full of plot holes once awake) that at the time, and shortly after awaking, I only thought of my near death experience and not what it really meant. The dock scene was so realistic. I tend to dream in surreal settings. So surreal that I "know" that I'm dreaming. This one was much more realistic and the ending was so real, I was sweating bullets when I did wake up.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Wow - intense

• tec
    tec

I'm sorry your dream pissed you off, DU.

I love dreams like that, myself. (not the death ones in particular, but the ones that feel so real). My favorites are my Alien dreams. (you know, Sigourney Weaver Aliens?) Those are very real to me. I've been in colonies, in the future, in deserts, in cities, in abandoned buildings, on alien planets... I always look forward to those dreams. Funny that my sister gets the same kind and looks forward to hers as well. I also often get the same surreal acceptance of the details of why I'm in a certain place, or doing a certain thing. Sometimes it bothers me enough to wake me up.

I liked Zid's theory. I thought of the possibility that perhaps the two different men (you and the weaker guy) were just two different aspects of you. Maybe the weaker guy just represented your fear, and you had disassociated yourself with that in the stronger guy. Which is why you had the same sentence, and no matter what you did you couldn't get away from him. But its all just guesses and play:) Sometimes a dream is just a dream, based on something you saw or did that stuck in your sub-conscious.

Peace,

tammy

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks Tammy... I'm sure there is some connection to the JW experience. That and watching mob movies, eating pizza and drinking Crown Royal...

Still, waking up from that was disturbing. It took me all morning to get unwound. I'm better now, but still out of sorts. I probably will be rest of the day

• Joliette
    Joliette

I have weird Rubadub dreams too.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Undercover It is 6.p.m here.... I do hope your feeling better now....Pleasant Dreams tonight

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit