• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Well, at least we have this thread to remember him by... .........Zid

And..His GrandMa..

http://jennalynne2.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/old-lady-smoking-cigar1.jpg

............................ ...OUTLAW

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, THAT ol' lady is FAR cooler than Dylan's granny!!!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Outlaw, is that George Burns?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Outlaw, is that George Burns?....SN

Nah..I think it`s an old Cuban Woman..

With MY Cigar..

It`s probably a pretty good cigar..

Although I have no Idea how you would smoke something that big..

You`d be Buzzed for a week..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

New to studying I was a born in and have 44 years experience of the JW's, our family was torn apart when 2 of us questioned the WT teachings. My brother was DF and my sister also. I am a fader of 2/3 years now and my house is a do not call !

Have a read of this experience of been a JW, and if you still choose to become one of them you are as thick as I think you are.. Wake up ! Get granny out ! buy her what little time she has left she is a cofin dodger ! Take a look at this.. not about me but off another ex jw site ..

I am angry and bitter with the Jehovah’s Witness cult for destroying my life. 90% of my family is JWs, including my parents. I was born into this cult and never was given a choice on whether I wanted to be Jehovah’s Witness. I was spanked hard if I complained about having to go to the Kingdom Hall four or more times a week. I was forced to go out in ‘service’ (aka knocking on people’s door and bothering them) every Saturday and Sunday (more during summer break).

By the way, I want to apologize to everyone who I woke up, interrupted, annoyed, and intruded upon when I knocked on your door. I really didn’t want to do it. I was a kid and under 18. I didn’t have a choice. But still, I’m sorry that I bothered you.

My birthday was never acknowledged when I was growing up. I never got to participate in one single silly holiday celebration. I was never allowed to have friends (who weren’t JWs too). I wasn’t allowed to join any after school activities. Nothing. I’m 39 now and past the childhood exuberance that came from these milestones. Now I simply don’t know how to enjoy birthdays, holidays, and other joyful occasions.

This cult has ruined my life and so many other people’s. So many have died because of their ridiculous ban on blood transfusions. They used to not allow organ donations and many died. Then, they flip-flopped on their doctrine. So, what about the people who died before the flip-flop?

Speaking of flip-flopping doctrines, this cult does an about face so many times, even the average rank and file JW has trouble keeping up with it.

But question the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (JW Corporation in Brooklyn, NY) even once and you’ll see the ugly reality of cult life.

Instead of one charismatic, dominating leader (one hallmark of a cult), you have 7 old men called “The Governing Body” who direct everything the JWs do. They claim they’re of “the anointed.” Being “anointed” means you get to go to heaven and JWs only believe that 144,000 people that have ever lived will go to heaven. They are NEVER to be questioned.

So, if you disagree with the JWs, it is the same as going against god and you’re disfellowshipped (aka shunned, excommunicated). All of your family and friends who are JWs will no longer talk to you. I’ve known people who lost a family member and no one told them because they were “disfellowshipped” at the time.

They discourage people from seeking higher education. There is actually a damn good reason why they do this. They fear their members will wake up and see that they’ve been brainwashed. That isn’t hard to do actually. This is such an insane cult, simple reasoning and logic is enough to wake people up. That’s why JWs discourage its members from talking and associating with people who aren’t JWs. This includes family. They’ll turn parents against children, children against parents.

This cult has eaten up several generations of my family. This cult is like a virus. It needs to spread to survive. One family member who converts will set out to convert every single member of the family.

The problem is they’re very good at fooling people and throwing up a sparkling veneer. The happy, smiling person at your door will not tell you about the high level of control and intimidation once you become a member. Once you find out, it’s too late. You’re now invested emotionally, physically, and probably several members of your family are in.

This is a destructive and dangerous cult. Please, if you’re reading this and are thinking about becoming a Witness, think about it very carefully. Don’t let what happened to my family and many others happen to you.

The ball is in your court !

HHG

• ziddina
    ziddina

Pow!! Hairy He-Goat, I think you hit one out of the stadium - or however you say that in 'tennis' - with that post...

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Thanks ziddina

I don't post that often but this moron needs sorting out ! Here is another example for him to consider.. From 2011 (UK)

I have lost out in being in my mom's life when she needed me the most, just like I lost out in my dad's when I was disfellowshipped. They didn't even bother to tell me he was dying, and my jw family made my mom to afraid to contact me and tell me. They monitored our calls and would tell her to hang up. Mom was very submissive. By the time I was able to find out about my dad, I came to the house to see him and was told not to come back-he died a week later. I am so angry that I miss out on his last years. The very last words he told me when I invited myself into that home and please help me. Where have you been and why haven't you visited me. His illness prevented him from remembering I was disfellowship. Again, I did not want a repeat of not being there when my mom became elderly and ill..to avoid being banned from the house...I came back into the org (though it made me feel horrible inside to pretend) and I had that opport to be with her during her last days...She just died recently and do you know that the JW family and members hardly did anything to help her? In fact, their excuse was that they needed to get their pioneer time in or were just too busy or just plain didn't want to come over. The whole thing was disgusting. They were seldom there for support when I got care giver burnout, even when they lived in the same town. Now that is very disgusing! I am so glad I "pretended" to be a JW just to be a part of my mom's life as her care giver! I do feel bad I had to live a double life in order to have her in my life but oh well, what could I do-They are the one's that put me in this awful situation. So it's on them that I had to resort to this!

What kind of animals are these people ? And you wan't to be part of a religion that treats family like this ?? You are a sick person!!!! and the guys will be calling round with your straight jacket and key to your padded cell Piss off you ashole

HHG

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

Yes thats a proper " give it to him in full, no holds barred" i can understand why people are so angry, but at the end of the day sometimes it's out of our control.

He'll find out for himself through study when things dont add up.. esp when he compares scrips from NWT and KJB..

/for me there is to many discrepancies( sorry a bit trollied so speling is worse than ever) lol

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

New to Studing

If you are still lurking have a read of this example..

An insider’s look at the organization

My name is Kay, I’m 33 years old and I am a Jehovah’s Witness — well, technically anyway. I am part of the growing number of JWs that some like to refer to as the “conscious class”.

I was raised as a Jehovah’s Witness in a zealous household. My father was an elder; my brothers are now elders and all of them have served at Bethel. We were the kind of family that was always on the assembly platform and held up as an example (yeah, one of those families). Although I had the usual teenage thoughts of rebellion, I left school in the early 1990s, took a part-time job and pioneered (Armageddon was so close by now that it was foolhardy to consider buying green bananas, much less go to college).

A few short years later we received “new light” on the “generation of 1914”. Although I was busy with boyfriends and life plans at the time, I secretly felt a little cheated and foolish. I had stood on many a doorstep and sincerely shown to people why this system could not last more than a few short years because the generation of 1914 would soon pass away. For the first time, I contemplated the real possibility of living out my adult life in this system.

I met a brother (that sounds so weird — who wants to marry their brother?) and we got married. My husband was from a divided household and had quite a different outlook to mine, which challenged me, in a good way. In many respects, his upbringing was more balanced than mine, having at least one parent “in the world”. We put off having children — Armageddon had to be so close. A few years passed and we saw our opportunity to have a family slipping by. I didn’t want to find myself aging in this system having missed the boat, so to speak, so we chose to start a family.

Having children shifts your perspective and also gives you little time for listening at congregation meetings! In hindsight, I think this lessened the influence of “the truth” on my mental processes. Ironically, it was during an effort to do more study as the children got a little older that the bomb dropped that shook my world. As part of my meeting preparation I Googled “Jerusalem 607” — to my surprise, I could not find any references from Wikipedia or other such sites. The only links appearing were Witness related; fearing I would stumble upon apostate material, I avoided further research but was deeply troubled. I managed to establish that the general consensus was that Jerusalem was destroyed in 586/587 BC.

Eventually my curiosity got the better of me and I ventured onto a much feared “apostate forum”. My heart was racing and I was convinced (although I now realize how ridiculous this is) that I would come under some sort of demon attack! As I read, I felt angry and scared. I had always thought of apostates as bitter individuals who couldn’t meet Jehovah’s standards and made up lies about us. Now I realized that the truth was on their side whilst “the truth” I had grown up with was anything but.

I read avidly for a few weeks, then plucked up the courage to order a book I had seen being discussed and recommended. It was Combating Cult Mind Control by Steve Hassan and I was completely blown away by it. I managed to do most of my reading at work and struggled with how to broach the subject with my husband. I decided to seek professional counseling to help me work through my anger and fear.

One evening I sat down with him, and I was physically shaking. We have a good relationship and have generally communicated well during our 13 years of marriage. This was the hardest thing I had ever done. I read some excerpts from Hassan’s book and asked if any of it sounded familiar. We had a discussion that went on for hours, way into the night. When we finally went to bed, he was sobbing in his sleep and shouting my name out. I realized what I was up against — the Watch Tower reaches deep into the heart of a person and holds their soul hostage. During the following weeks, we had many emotionally charged conversations, and my husband kept repeating the same “thought stopping” phrases which I recognized from Hassan’s book. Amongst them were “It has to be God’s organization” and “I refuse to believe God has no purpose.” He confessed that he wanted to throw Hassan’s book in the fire.

We both became tired of the fight and decided to call a mutual unspoken truce. I continued to attend the meetings with my husband (albeit irregularly) and tried to let him see it for himself. Once you have exposed the cult-like behaviors and fallacies of the Watch Tower’s teachings, it’s hard not to see them. After a few months, we were able to discuss things more rationally and objectively, and I realized that the book that would really help my husband, if I could get him to read it, was Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron. I had bought the book myself and was impressed by the clear, concise and yet brief way it refuted the Watch Tower’s claim to be “God’s chosen organization”. Eventually his phobia of apostate material dissipated sufficiently to allow him to read the book. He admitted it made some valid points.

Being an avid reader, I had bought and read a number of books, both by ex-witnesses and psychologists. Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz had confirmed to me that the organization was as corrupt and misguided at the top as it was on the congregation level (something that had always been painfully obvious to me as an elder’s daughter). I knew that if my husband read Ray’s book, he would be deeply affected by it. Over a period of a few months, he read it a bit at a time, then seemed to spend some time reflecting upon it. I let him approach me to talk, and all the time we were still attending meetings. Today, around a year after our first discussion, he is fully cognizant of the organization’s cult like mode of operation and is fully able to think for himself.

What are you going to do ? Make the right choice.

HHG

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

He'll be back in twenty years asking how to get his children out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit