11,824 Memorial Partakers in 2011

by FrankWTower 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• harekrishna
    harekrishna

I remember as a kid in the '70's when there were several of the "annointed" in our congregation. It was an aged married couple and my dad being good friends with them, would invite them over to eat an occasional meal. I used to sit near them waiting for some deep realizations. While they were very polite and sweet natured, I don't recall any significant ideas said. I used to be in awe of them because they were people who my dad said were in an exclusive club and going to heaven the moment they died.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

From my experience of being married to one who believed she was of "the heavenly calling" (plus recent comments by the WTS to the same effect), I would offer the following explanation:

- during the 2011 service year, there were 622 more people experiencing psychiatric disorders than there were in 2010.

Bill.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Maybe it will reach a sort of tipping point where the social proof of others partaking results in a sudden exponential increase.

As it is the fugures are pretty embarrassing anyway, but they could get a whole lot worse.

• Quandry
    Quandry

The bill for wine and unleavened crackers is increasing. More passers will be needed. Ludicrous.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

This has got to be driving the die-harder Bethel-Boys mad.

Marvin Shilmer

Yes! And this was prophesied. How the first-hour workers would "murmur" against the 11th-hour workers. Basically, the 1st-hour workers are those who began the work in 1914, but by 1935 it was clear there was another class of workers. Each hour is 7 years so the 3rd-hour workers were apparent 21 years (3x7) after 1914 and thus in 1935 (1914 +21 = 1935). Thus the vineyard workers represent the WTS and their 2-class system, with the earliest ones all being of the anointed and from the 3rd-hour workers to the 11th-hour workers thinking they would get something less. But in reality, ALL the workers get the "penny," which is heavenly calling. That is, even though the "other sheep" expected quite happily to live forever on the earth, once the 11 hours of vineyard work was completed in 1991 (11x7=77, 77+1914=1991), then ALL of the workers, from the last to the first get invited to heaven.

So technically, there should have been an increase in the anointed, especially since 1991-1998, which is the 12th hour, the hour the messiah pays the workers. But when all this increase in the anointed start showing up, the original anointed, those in charge of the Society, are shocked and not happy with this. The fact that the anointed are increasing and that they will not get anything special beyond what as promised disturbs them. So YES! their claim that the anointed, the 144,000 should be dwindling and that no more are being added is a slap in the face of their expectations and interpretation. So it disburbs them the "reality" is not matching their understanding.

Now keep in mind, the WTS does not understand the vineyard workers parable. They think they are the 11th-hour workers, coming late into the work compared to Chistendom. Their persecution complex see themselves as being murmured against by the 1st-hour workers. But just because the 1st-hour workers murmur against the 11th-hour workers, the master still pays them their wage, after all, they did faithfully carry out the work! Secondly, if the 1th-hour workers are the WTS, who claim they are the only ones going to heaven, what about all the other workers? Who did they represent? They ALL get the penny! Wouldn't they be part of Christendom? So it doesn't work!

Finally, check Isa 6:13 which describes the "root" of a tree being spared from a tree chopped down. The tree represents the kingdom seats. The chopping down of the tree represent the Jewish branches that were lopped off. But the remnant of the Jews making up the root were left. Thus a remnant of Jews remain to fulfill the Abrahamic promise and Isa 6:13 assigns the root as 1/10th of the entire tree. The lopped off branches, of course, are replaced by gentiles, "wild olives", but the root remains Jewish.

Thus the 144,000 are actually all NATURAL JEWS, 12K from each tribe. If this is only 1/10th or 10%, then the entire number to be called would be 10X 144K which is 1,440,000! When Christ arrives and calls those invited to the wedding, many beg off and there are many seats thus left to be filled.

So the increase in the anointed, which is just a small portion of the entire calling, that is, just those who are JWs (remember Christ sent out TEN slaves and the WTS is just the one "evil slave" organization.) So the increase is certainly viable. it represents those who are JWs who believe they have the heavenly calling, which is perfectly possible. 1,440,000 seats have to be filled, not just 144,000.

Even so, as you note, the original workers, the original anointed, are a bit miffed and confused about this. It's a surprise to them that Christ is invited those of the other sheep into the kingdom! But this prophesied "murmuring" by the original anointed was prophesied. At the very least it confirms their "surprise" that suddenly there are many more anointed.

Now those still partaking with the WTS are those of the anointed who do not fully understand that Christ arrived in 1992 and after eating his first passover on April 6, 1993, there was no need for further partaking since he had returned. The Lord's Supper was a memorial until he returned. So many who have the full understanding don't partake, even if they remain witnesses. So those partaking now would be part of those who are considered "old winekins." Christ does not put "new wine" into the "old wineskins." This means there are two groups of Christians, some who have the advanced understading and those who are still accepted who have an outdated or dim understanding. Thus those now partaking would be of the "old wineskin" group who do not have the "new wine" or Christ's return in 1992, and thus still partake. But it is wonderful still to see them and they definitely are expected.

So this is exciting to see! It fulfills Bible prophecy but trips up the understanding of the 1st-hour workers, the original anointed, who still think that the 144,000 is the full number of those in the kingdom and who are not expecting any more of the anointed. But the anointed are growing!

Also recall the parable of the prodigal son. The prodigal son becomes the messiah and has a banquet thrown for him by the father, but the older brother, again, murmurs against this choice. But the father comes out and reassures him that he is not rejected, "what is mine is yours." Then he goes back to the banquet where the messianic activity is going on. Thus, again, you have those on the inside and those on the outside of the banquet. Those on the outside, the older brother, are not rejected. So what I believe we are seeing are the increase in the older brother anointed who are still partaking. Those insiders who are part of the banquet and who know the chronology and accept the true messiah in secret, do not partake. So there are far more than the 11,000+ who are now of the heavenly class.

So, again, as I said, this is quite wonderful!

So for any of the "other sheep" who believe they are getting a spiritual calling, ACCEPT IT. There is a strong probability it is real since ALL the workers, including the other sheep, get invited into the kingdom and are paid the "penny." This is something the WTS, made up of the older brother class, or the "old wineskins" class are surprised and embarrassed about.

LS

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The GB just put it down to everyone else except themselves being nut jobs.

• Achille
  • Mary
    Mary

Good chart Achille, but what are the numbers at the bottom? Should that be the years?

• Ding
    Ding

I'm surprised the WTS publishes "Memorial partakers" figures, given that they don't know or care who those people are.

Although the continued rise in number of reported partakers is embarrassing, most JWs won't notice it, and those who do will likely attribute it to outsiders who attend without understanding WT doctrines.

Actually, it would be much more embarrassing for the Society if the numbers continually decreased over the years (as they should if WT doctrine is correct). Why so? Because at some point, it would become obvious that the "anointed" "faithful and discreet slave class" is dying out and the promised new system still hasn't arrived.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Does Larsinger58 believe his own posts?

elder-schmelder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit