March 15, 2012 Watchtower gives good advice to apostates ...

by wannabefree 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Page 13, paragraph 15

Do you like to be awakened from a deep sleep? Many do not react well when awakened suddenly. A gentle approach is usually preferred. The same is true regarding efforts to awaken people spiritually.

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

yeah but the rest of the magazine preaches the urgency of recruiting people. so in context its crap. but yeah as a stand alone concept its a great way to pull those human batteries out of the matrix.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Well done wannabe :-) Awesome find

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I think I will highlight that paragraph and show it to my mom. She had a way of waking us up that was barbaric. She was just as aggressive with inculcating the "truth" in us.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    yeah but the rest of the magazine preaches the urgency of recruiting people. so in context its crap

so true, I am reviewing the study articles at the request of an elder, he is very excited about there being something in this issue where the "faithful slave" is trying to show us that the end is real soon now

I find it quite sickening. I am hoping to create a rebuttal to show him that it is just a bunch of repackaged same-old-same-old.

.... however, this does seem to be a good out of context quote to use for reverse witnessing, use it along with the Awake article on how it is wrong to have to choose between religion and family.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

So is the scripture about noone knowing the day or the hour no longer relevant? Why read the stupid wt when the bible tells you no one knows?

• Intel
    Intel
    I think I will highlight that paragraph and show it to my mom. She had a way of waking us up that was barbaric. She was just as aggressive with inculcating the "truth" in us.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH, serenitynow you made me laugh so hard...I know it's not funny, but the way you phrased this came unexpected and sounded really funny!!! Thanks for that

My mom was aggressive with the "truth" but never bothered waking us up for school (not necessary, all these evil schoolmates). If we missed scool, she never minded, but NEVER EVER miss service and meetings...gawd will came personally down and breath hot air into our necks....so we kids, never missed "theocratic" () activities

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Finally, a magazine that can be used to encourage apostates!

Talk about food at the proper time!

• Azazel
    Azazel

Bye the time i would have read to page 13 i would have been well asleep.

Az

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

It seems like most people on this site were using that same line of logic toward family and friends still "IN" the Org.

Many on here have been saying don't expect your JW family/riends to react well to anything drastic you might want to show them or say to them. They have been lulled into an altered state by the Watchtower Society and it will take time to snap them out of it....tread lightly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit