Why did Jesus appoint the "Faithful and Discrete Slave"

by Yan Bibiyan 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Well, according to the 2012 March 15 (Overly) Simplified Watchower, it is to "..give us Bible publications".

I kid you not! On page 29, under subheading 4 it says:

"Jesus has appointed “the faithful and

discreet slave” to give us Bible publications."

BTW, completely ommited in the "regular" WT.

• designs
    designs

7500 trees used each month for the 'publications'.

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

God will bring ruin to those ruining the earth..

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Seriously, Jesus is probably doing cartwheels now, "happified" by the printing mandate granted to the GB.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I think the GB isn't even trying to hide what they are anymore. It's full frontal now. Obey us, or else. No hidden message. Just do it.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Amazing how the parable about the 'faithful & discreet slave' evolved into the doctrine it is today. Don't recall any other parable being made such an important part of the WTS theology. It's funny.....but, I remember when first joining how it was stressed in FS that JW's don't have a clergy class.

Think About It

• designs
    designs

Knownothing- you are on to the essentials with the Org., I think with Knorr he knew it was flim-flam but this new crop of GB didn't get the memo that it was an inside joke.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Knowsnothing: It's full frontal now.

As in a full-frontal lobotomy!

Lobotomy

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

@ thinkaboutit, they don't have a clergy class, they have Popes and Laymen.

@ designs, it's all one big joke.

@ 00DAD, LOL. There is another avenue full-frontal goes down.... I have a dirty mind, it needs to be cleansed with the newest washtowel Bible publications.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Could you imagine if another religion nut-group were to say that? I wonder what JW's would say about that...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit