So glad to be home from the hospital!

by 3rdgen 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Thank you Factfinder, Merry Christmas to you and those you love as well. Actually there are currently only 2 ppl in my life, hubby and far away daughter. Looks like I have my work cut out for me to do good to others and hopefully make some friends in the process. Can't wait until the summer meet-up at Lake Tahoe. I hope to meet many of you there!

• Azazel
    Azazel

3rdgen glad your home for Christmas

Az

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Hey 3rdgen, glad you made it home from hospital ok. Sorry you are feeling down, hope you pull out of the rut. Cheers!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hi 3rd Gen - So glad you are home from the hospital safely. I agree with Found Sheep it will take you some time to recover, in fact I have read about the leaving of such a religion as the WTBS to cause PTSD and it's hardly surprising is it? They take away 'normality' and pound the 'rules' into us and combine it with that awful guilt of never feeling you're doing enough to please a God you love. It takes some undoing, to be fair. I don't think I know of anyone who's left that's completely unscarred, undamaged. Many of us have lost too much and too many loved ones.

I've been out since 2007 and it's been a hell of journey. I have lost all 5 of my adult kids and although there were other contributing factors to the destruction of our family because of a very toxic marriage, I still feel that the involvement with the Org made things so very much worse for us all in terms of family loyalty and unity. I lost my friends of 30 years too and have had to rebuild a life completely. First I had to deal with a minor breast cancer with just a couple of new and limited acquaintances (they came up trumps tho and have become close friends over time) and I have subsequently met and married a wonderful man and moved to his home city. His family have enveloped me lovingly I'm pleased to say, but it hasnt been an easy journey. I went back to Uni in my 50s and am now in my final year having met some wonderful people along the way.

The grief at first was relentless, it brings anger and frustration and so much regret for wasting so much of mine and my family's life, I have cried and wanted to beat down the walls with my fists at times. This site, although it took me a while to believe I could share on it, has been so important in my recovery and I hope you find the same solace here in yours. It seems to me absolutely essential that we interact with those who really understand us. I am so grateful for it. As time passes and you become more and more informed and you gain a different perspective it eases, I promise you it does.

Be pro-active in changing and making a new life for you and your husband. Do things that warm your heart and make you feel good. And then do it some more. After the initial grieving try to control yourself from continuing to look back wishing you'd done it all differently. You can't change yesterday but you can make the best of now and be instrumental in changing your future. Moving on is difficult, but it's definitely very possible.

I wish you well, take care, and Happy New Year...thank God that you've broken free.

Loz x

• Quandry
    Quandry

Dear 3rd gen,

Of course you feel "down." You had a hysterectomy. I had one a few years ago. It takes some getting used to. I was bleeding heavily, and having wild mood swings as the hormone levels whished around my body. When the female parts were yanked, the moods abruptly stopped. For awhile it was strange-I didn't really feel things like I did before. Also I had such hideous hot flashes-hope you don't have those...if you do, know that they get better after a time.

You will get your strength back. Rest, try to read some joke books, watch funny movies, and drink plenty of liquids. Even though your daughter doesn't "get you" give her a call, and just see what she's been up to lately.

You will soon feel much better and whatever the physical problems were are gone now, so look forward, not back!

• still thinking
    still thinking

3rdgen...oh luv, so sorry to hear you are going through this alone...hugs to you

Hope you have a relaxing Christmas day...take care of yourself

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Azazel, Thanks, I am too!

X360shipper, Cheers to you too!

Loz, Wow, I am terribly sorry about the rift between you and your children. I can relate to the nasty divorce and the complications the WT$ adds to it. I'm sorry your family is suffering. My ex started stalking and vandelizing our property after I remarried. The 2 teenage kids chose to live with him (he was dfed I and new hubby were in) They didn't believe their dad would do such awful things. I was hartbroken! He sent the kids far away to college,(I'm glad about that now) My son came back to me after graduating but had an accident and died.

After our son died my ex became worse and the stalking escalated into attempts on hubby and my life. He even poisoned our dog. During this time we moved twice trying to escape, and begged the elders not to divulge our address. (the ex was dfed and we were in good standing) They ignored us probably thought I was simply a bitter ex wife. We finally moved a 3rd time, quit attending, and told no JWs where we live. It worked. The ex died under mysterious circumstances so those problems are thankfully, gone. Yet of course, I was left with PTSD.

At this point I can almost be glad the elders treated us so poorly (there is MUCH more to that story) because their conduct was so bad in all 3 congs, we found it easier and easier to stay away. Next we found JVN and the rest is history. Like you, I plan to make the most of my new life out of the Borg.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

At this point I can almost be glad the elders treated us so poorly (there is MUCH more to that story) because their conduct was so bad in all 3 congs, we found it easier and easier to stay away. Next we found JVN and the rest is history.

I've said the same. When you get the slap in the face it wakes you up..... but not in the way they wanted you too

So glad you got the point 3rd!!!!

I loved the point that you made that you DIDN'T sign the no blood!!!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Emotions get the best of us when we are down and vulnerable. You have quite a story! Looks like some things are sorted, and a new year is upon us for a fresh start. All the best.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

((((3rdgen))) I just recently had surgery too , a tumor and ovary removed . I had complications with the pain medication afterwards too . Now is the time to connect with your neighbors ! Don't turn down any offers of help it could be a bridge to new friendships .

I was so lucky that my new group of friends offered to bring food by the first week after surgery . Don't be afraid to open yourself up to a neighbor or a new friend, and let them know you need help (bonds of real friendships are built this way , most people love to help others )

The sadness passes ....you need to rest ,rest ,rest !

Are you over the gas pains yet ? Those were bad ... gasX and Ducolax are your friends .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit