Some personal thoughts as 2011 comes to a close

by Terry 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

First off, if you are in a safe place inside your head, Merry Christmas.

I was fortunate to have had childhood Christmases in my home growing up. Many born-ins are probably never going to know what they missed.

Also...

I am thinking about all the nice, friendly, happy things I've given up for JEHOVAH and it saddens me. But, I was making "choices" from good motives, but, without a clear sense of reality.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny you reality. The choices you make are false ones and you do the best you can with partial/missing information.

All that aside.....Who we are NOW is more important than what we WERE.

Your life and my life BELONG TO US NOW!

So...I have happy Christmases now. I CHOOSE to and I don't care what JW's think about anything! :)

The people who are in my thoughts at the moment are the brothers and sisters STILL IN and desperate.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

You are put in a terrible and unnecessary bind because your family is held hostage to the Governing Body's power to cut them off from you.

That is not what Jesus would do, now is it? No.

So, you are going along to get along and the teachings and beliefs are starting to look so bizarre, imaginary and weird you wonder how you will

keep your sanity one minute longer.

Just remember this, there IS LIFE outside the Kingdom Hall. And it is a GOOD ONE.

There are FINE people in this world. They don't have devil horns.

There are as many worthless people and bad ones inside a Kingdom Hall proportionately as outside.

When you are ready to live a REAL LIFE you will make your move.

Perhaps you can set up a scenario where you are moving to another town......and just fade away............

Whatever works for you!

For those still held captive I wish you all the best for the coming year in a real and meaningful way!

LET'S MAKE 2012 THE BEST YEAR WE'VE EVER HAD----we have the power to do so......because.....WE ARE FREE!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'll second that. Cheers Terry

To anyone reading who felt the above in their gut - I just want you to know that any pain leaving the "organization" has caused me (and it does cause me some pain, almost everyday) has been WAY overshadowed by the feeling of joy and sheer righteous freedom that comes from simply thinking for myself, and then acting in accordance with what I believe to be the best course, rather than what 13 or so mostly unknown-to-me dudes living a cloistered life in Brooklyn NY tell me I should believe and do.

Real life is worth it.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Thanks for this Terry. I am one of those.. new to TTATT. Confused, angry, hurt and depressed. Forced to stay in because of fear of shunning. My faith in God and Christ is as strong as ever just my faith in the GB etc. is gone. Physically I am still in, mentally and emotionally I am gone. It's a very hard place to be.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Fine thoughts Terry.

Cheers

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

All that aside.....Who we are NOW is more important than what we WERE.

Your life and my life BELONG TO US NOW!

Well said Terry .... and Merry Christmas to you too.

To be free from the enslavement of a bogus religious publishing house, is very good indeed.

To be free from the control of that particular organization is beneficial to an individual's personal and intellectual growth.

To be free from any bound and controlling ignorance is a good thing.

To all those trying to free themselves from this organization, I wish you all the best in the coming new year on your personal endeavor.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Awesomeness, as usual, Terry. Thanks.

--sd-7

• cedars
    cedars

I'll raise my glass to that.

Cedars

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Well said Terry! Thank you.

HappyDad

• Think About It
    Think About It

Terry....although very poor growing up, I remember Christmas mornings before JWism came into the family. The WTS cannot take the joyful memories of that away. Merry Christmas my X-JW friends.

Think About It

• cantleave
    cantleave

TERRY !!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit