untitled

by exwhyzee 21 Replies latest jw friends

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    Thank you so much for posting. I find this very interesting. Because they care for you so much, they listened to what you had to say...........but...and it's a BIG but......will they ever talk to you again ? I hope so ! Sherry

I know Sherry.....I guess time will tell. Although it may appear otherwise on this post, this wasn't an argument, rather it was them being very surprised/concerned that we "walked away", and wanting to understand why. They are relatives so that is in our favor (I think) and including us ,this makes 12 immediate family members in various parts of this State who have simply walked away in the last few years. I'm talking Bethelites/Pioneers /MS who were life long Witnesses.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

exwhyzee - thanks for this. This is a similar conversation I had with my parents when I decided to 'come out' as a non-believer.

I think many many people in the older generation (using the actual sense of the word) feel that something is not quite right with the organisation, but are afraid to follow that thought because they dont see a viable alternative to 'the organisation'.

I feel sorry for those in their 50s & 60s. They preached 'this generation will by no means pass away' for so many years, - they truely believed they would NEVER have to grow old and die, and now they are uncomfortably left with the feeling that they themselves will pass away in this system. They are truely to be pitied.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit