"Meekness", "Mildness," and "Humility"... Debunking the False Teachings...

by AGuest 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

To the Household of God, Israel... and those who go with... may you all have peace!

On occasion comments are made as to "christians" and their need to be meek, mild, humble, and things of that nature. This is absolutely true; doing so demonstrates the "christ" in one; however, what some may believe IS meekness, mildness, and humility is in error. Rather than post on what those terms mean... and what they do not mean... I have been directed by our Lord to give you the following examples (he woke me up this morning with this matter). I am to set forth the recorded words and actions of three indviduals... the Adversary, Moses, and Christ himself... which show the attitude and constitution of those three, at the time. May those of you with ears... hear and get the SENSE of what is being shared with you, here:

The Adversary, first -

To Eve: "Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

And: "You will not certainly die... for God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

To God Himself (after coming to present himself before That One): "Does Job fear God for nothing? Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."

To our Lord: "If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread."

And: "I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. If you worship me, it will all be yours."

And: "If you are the Son of God throw yourself down from here. For it is written: '‘He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'"

Now, Moses: "Moses... went out to where his own people were and ... saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew... Looking this way and that and seeing no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand."

And: "Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said to him, "This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: ‘How long will you refuse to humble yourself before me? Let my people go, so that they may worship me. If you refuse to let them go, I will bring locusts into your country tomorrow. They will cover the face of the ground so that it cannot be seen. They will devour what little you have left after the hail, including every tree that is growing in your fields. They will fill your houses and those of all your officials and all the Egyptians-something neither your parents nor your ancestors have ever seen from the day they settled in this land till now.'" Then Moses turned and left Pharaoh."

And: "Moses said, "This is what the LORD says: ‘About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. 5 Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the female slave, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. 6 There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt-worse than there has ever been or ever will be again. 7 But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any person or animal.' Then you will know that the LORD makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel. 8 All these officials of yours will come to me, bowing down before me and saying, ‘Go, you and all the people who follow you!' After that I will leave." Then Moses, hot with anger, left Pharaoh."

And: "Moses and Aaron said to all the Israelites, "In the evening you will know that it was the LORD who brought you out of Egypt, and in the morning you will see the glory of the LORD, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we, that you should grumble against us?" Moses also said, "You will know that it was the LORD when he gives you meat to eat in the evening and all the bread you want in the morning, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we? You are not grumbling against us, but against the LORD."

And: "So they quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water to drink." Moses replied, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you put the LORD to the test?"

And: "The next day Moses took his seat to serve as judge for the people, and they stood around him from morning till evening. When his father-in-law saw all that Moses was doing for the people, he said, "What is this you are doing for the people? Why do you alone sit as judge, while all these people stand around you from morning till evening?"Moses answered him, "Because the people come to me to seek God's will. Whenever they have a dispute, it is brought to me, and I decide between the parties and inform them of God's decrees and instructions." Moses' father-in-law replied, "What you are doing is not good. You and these people who come to you will only wear yourselves out."

And: "When Moses approached the camp and saw the calf and the dancing, his anger burned and he threw the tablets out of his hands, breaking them to pieces at the foot of the mountain. And he took the calf the people had made and burned it in the fire; then he ground it to powder, scattered it on the water and made the Israelites drink it. He said to Aaron, "What did these people do to you, that you led them into such great sin?"

And: "Moses saw that the people were running wild and that Aaron had let them get out of control and so become a laughingstock to their enemies. So he stood at the entrance to the camp and said, "Whoever is for the LORD, come to me." And all the Levites rallied to him. Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.'" The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died." [NOTE: This account is noteworthy because Moses was not before the face of God for God to have given him this instruction; hence, once He heard of what had taken place, the Most Holy One of Israel said to Moses, "... when the time comes for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin." In other words, it was not Moses' call to punish Israel. As with the water at Meribah, he took matters into his own hands...]

Of course, there are many other accounts, but I am to stop here and move on to the third person:

Christ -

To the scribes and teachers of law/Pharisees: "Woe to you, teachers of the law (as well as scribes/copyists) and Pharisees, you hypocrites!"

And: "You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to."

And: "You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are."

And: "Woe to you, blind guides!"

And: "You blind fools!"

And: "You blind men!"

And: "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites!"

And: "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?"

And: "You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and self-indulgence."

And: "You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness."

To the people: "You unbelieving and perverse generation, how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you?"

To his disciples (when they asked why they couldn't expel a demon): ""Because you have so little faith."

To Peter (who was allowing the spirit of the Adversary to try and work through him): ""Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."

To an unclean spirits (which spoke to HIM with knowledge, recognition, reverence... and fear): ""Be quiet! Come out of him!"

And: "Come out of this man, you impure spirit!"

And: "I command you, come out of him and never enter him again!"

To the wind and waves: "Quiet! Be still!"

Regarding the temple money-changers/tax collectors: "... he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father's house into a market!"

And much, much more!

Notice, not once was the Adversary excited, exasperated, frustrated, animated, abusive, short, rash, provoked... or angry... in his speaking/conduct. Contrastly, both Moses AND Christ... whom many believe to be the two "meekest of men," believe displayed the qualities of mildness and humility more than any others... OFTEN displayed excitement, exasperation, frustration, animation, and anger. Moses ALSO displaying bouts of abuse, shortness, rashness, haste... and provocation!

Why do some not see these contrasts... and dichotomies? Because, first and foremost... they don't SEE Christ! Second, they don't understand as to before WHOM we are to BE meek... mild... and humble: God. It is before HIS "mighty" that we are to humble ourselves, and display a meek and mild attitude! Which both Moses... and Christ... DID. As to MEN... we are to "speak with boldness", as these did... even asking that our foreheads be made "hard as flint" if that is necessary for us to keep our eyes on the One HE appointed to lead us... and NOT look at/listen to MEN. Contrastly, the Adversary did NOT show himself meek or humble... neither when he went behind that One's back to mislead Adham and Eve, nor when he presented his challenge to the Most Holy One of Israel... and levied his accusations against US.

We will not be considered to have humbled ourselves before God's hand, however, and/or displayed a meek/mild attitude... if we run from our tasks, speak only partial truths because we don't want to offend, and/or... and this is MOST important... fail to KISS THE SON!

Don't listen to man, dear ones... including me, your servant. GO to the one who dispenses oil and BUY FROM HIM. Oil and "eyesalve"... "living water"... HOLY SPIRIT... the spirit of God... which He will NOT withhold from those asking... out of a "pure" heart (i.e., with a pure motive)!

As always, I bid you all the greatest of love and peace... and ears to hear and get the SENSE of these truths!

Your servant, always... and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• N.drew
    N.drew

Haha! Wow, nice to see that all in a package. I am not making a commendation for The Christmas Present, but it sure is a present! Don't you just love to wake up with a revelation? I know you do AGuest!

Nice work Shelby. I like it!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Sorry for the previous "weird" formatting, dear N.Drew (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!). At least, as it appeared on MY screen (and if it appeared the same on yours I don't know HOW you were able to read it - other than by means of holy spirit, that is - LOLOLOLOL!)

Again, peace to you... and glad to have been able to share that!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• N.drew
    N.drew

I do not know what "politics" is. I suspect it is about as "worldly" as a person can get without "breaking the law" but I realize HOW politicians ACT. And this how I see "politics"

(quote) "run from... tasks, speak only partial truths because ... don't want to offend"

And viewed in the worst judgemental "light" these persons behaving like that was can be called cowardly imo.

Revelation 21:8

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

1169 /deilós ("fearful of losses") refers to an excessive fear (dread) of "losing," causing someone to be fainthearted (cowardly) – hence, to fall short in following Christ as Lord .

http://concordances.org/greek/1169.htm

• AGuest
    AGuest

You're a woman... and fellow christian... after my own heart, dear N.Drew! Thank you... and may the undeserved kindness and mercy of our God and Father, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH... of Armies... and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, our Lord, the HOLY One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... be upon you... and your entire household... to time indefinite!

Let everything living, breathing thing... let it praise JAH... and may ALL who are wishing, thirsting, hearing... Come! and SAY "Come!"... and take 'life's water'... FREE!

KISS THE SON... and peace to you all!

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and all who go with... and a slave of Christ, the SON,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    deilós ("fearful of losses") refers to an excessive fear (dread) of "losing," causing someone to be fainthearted (cowardly) – hence, to fall short in following Christ as Lord.

Makes one think of the parable recorded at Matthew 25:14-30, does it not, dear one (again, peace to you!)?

Peace and thank you for sharing that!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• N.drew
    N.drew

It is the best compliment I ever heard, I'm sure of it! thankyou!

And I do check my "work" unlike they say I don't , brats that they are. Not trolls, no, trolls aren't cute! ie complement and compliment. Interesting!

Back to work!

I've been working on that one (Matthew 25:14-30).

I didn't know why the third one said "I knew you...reaped where you did not sow and gathered where you did not winnow". I'm going to look at those words today.

I didn't know why the master gave the one with 10 the extra one. But I think I know now.

To answer your question, no, it didn't remind me of politicians. I think you are referring to "grew afraid and buried it" But I think I know what "buried it" might mean. And if I am correct it doesn't apply to them (not all of them). Haha

So then AGuest be you being merry at whatever you do... as I know you are because you really are with The Lord!!

Thank you once again lovely lady!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Sending you Christmas hugs Shelby.

Loz x

• jay88
    jay88

Tell your lord to stop Justifying board members haughtiness

• N.drew
    N.drew

"having been afraid, having gone away"

is translated thus; 'And I was afraid, and went away"

But does it mean? "I had reverence for you and you went away" (how dare you? I was ANGRY) so I concealed (that which you gave me) in the ground.

"In the ground" might mean the same as the belief that it is after the death of the living that God's will will be done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit