Is this true? We're not and never have been JW's??

by Muddy Waters 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

(I posted this on another forum, but am reposting here to see what you all think! Thank you for bearing with me. :)

In one book, "The Watchtower's Coming Crisis" by Daniel Rodriguez (amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Watchtowers-Comin ... 606&sr=1-4 )

it mentions that the name/title "Jehovah's Witnesses" is ONLY APPLIED to the annointed! The rest of us (coming to the organization after 1935) are just their "companions, other sheep, great crowd, jonadab class..." This is according to various Watchtowers and publications:

"... in the year 1931, the anointed remnant embraced the Scripturally backed designation 'Jehovah's Witnesses'." - Paradise Restored to Mankind - by Theocracy!, 1952, page 105.

And Rodriguez says (on pages 10 & 11), "The anointed remnant are those of the original 144,00 Jehovah's Witnesses who remain alive. Therefore, the name Jehovah's Witnesses only applies to them.

"Thus no real gathering and organizing of these marked ones, the "other sheep" was encouraged, even in the year 1931, when the remnant of the 144,000 spiritual Israelites embraced the name Jehovah's witnesses. " - The Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1966, p 119.

Rodriguez: "Four years after the "remnant" of the 144,000 adopted the name Jehovah's Witnesses in 1931, they were further identified as the faithful and discreet slave. Those who came to the Watchotwer after 1935 became known as the other sheep , NOT Jehovah's Witnesses. This is why those at your door are not truly Jehovah's Witnesses if they came to the Watchtower after 1935. The following quote further clarifies this distinction between the two classes:"

"After all, Revelation 12:17 warns us that Satan is "waging war" with the anointed remnant. Because of their close association with the anointed, the "other sheep" are likewise targets of Satan's wrath." - Watchtower, Aug. 15, 2001, p. 25.

Well, I'm just gobsmacked! If we (great crowd) are NOT really JW's, this just blows my mind. I got to thinking about the two baptism questions we are asked. The second one goes something like, "...this step of baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization..." or something like that.

So the baptismal question never directly says we BECOME one of Jehovah's Witnesses, just that we become identified as one!! This is really obtuse language, because "being identified as one" can mean anything! It can mean we are perceived that way by people outside the organization, who, for the most part, are unaware of the two separate classes of JW's, and it can also mean we see eachother that way, even if we're really not!! (did that last part make sense?)

So then I got further thinking... if a person is DF'd or DA's himself, the announcement is made, "So and so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

(BIG AH HA MOMENT HERE!) Do you see it??? Do you see this makes no sense? If we're not "officially" one of JW's (because we're not of the annointed), then how can it be said in this announcement that "we're no LONGER one of JW's"...??? It's because the society KNOWS that most of us have no awareness of this little tiny detail so they can just tell us this, based on our incorrect perception of what we really are (or aren't) and make this pronouncement upon us.

Well, I'm sure any lawyer or legal team can tell you that so much of the law depends on these little tiny details and niggling facts, words, or phrases. (Of course, all they have to do to change this is to announce that so-and-so is no longer identified as one of JW's if they want to get down to the nitty-gritty of the matter.

I guess what I really want to know here is whether this is still a WT teaching -- that ONLY the anointed are truly known as Jehovah's Witnesses (according to the society)...??

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Almost correct.

If you check the older literature you will find that the remnant were Jehovah's witnesses, not Jehovah's Witnesses. The Jonadabs got their salvation by hanging on to their coat tails.

Welcome to the forum Muddy

Chris

• baltar447
    baltar447

Sammy Herd at the last DC I attended kept referring to "Jeohovah's Witnesses" and "friends" of JWs. This really stood out to me I wonder if that's what he meant.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Even the Watchtower has its 1%.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovah`s Witnesses speak with a forked tongue

apologies to the north american indians

smiddy

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

This is one of the many jw things that originally got me thinking many years ago, it's very much along the same lines as "the ones who were to do the witnessing/door to door work" it was the annointed, not the other flock.

There's that much BS in "The Truth" that it's so hard to actually find any truth at all.

fsp

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

I've wondered about this for a long while, as the Scripture where JW's take the Jehovah's name (some where in Isa. 43 ?) applied only to the original nation of Israel. Fast forward to modern times, and the JWs have the practice of applying the (fore)shadow doctrine for the original Israel nation to the new "spiritual" nation of Israel ("Israel of God").

Naturally then, anything that applied to the old nation of Israel only applies rightfully to the spirtual nation, or the 144,000. Thus, a non-anointed JW cannot rightly use Isaiah 43 as backing for taking God's name as identification. Only those of the anointed could properly be called Jehovah's witnesses.

• designs
    designs

Its was Russell's belief that the New Testament was written for the 'Bride Class' and Rutherford kept to the same interpretation. Just like they state that Jesus is Mediator only for the 144,000.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    "... in the year 1931, the anointed remnant embraced the Scripturally backed designation 'Jehovah's Witnesses'." - Paradise Restored to Mankind - by Theocracy!, 1952, page 105.

I can't find any evidence that a book of this name was published in 1952

This is from Paradise Restored to Mankind - by Theocracy!, 1972 and it is not the same as the quote by Rodriguez

30 Instead of this being a “gleaning work” such as followed a regular harvest in the ancient land of Israel, this collecting work on the part of the surviving anointed remnant was the real harvest under the angelic “reapers.” The time of their doing this was the “conclusion of the system of things,” since the year 1914 C.E., and Jesus said that “the harvest is a conclusion of a system of things.” (Matthew 13:39; 24:3, 31) As a result of the spiritual harvesting work during the years that followed, the anointed remnant of wheatlike disciples of Christ grew in numbers, notably down to the year 1931 when the anointed remnant embraced the Scripturally backed designation “Jehovah’s witnesses.” Manifestly the number of spiritual underpriests in the Holy of Jehovah’s spiritual temple had increased, likely to include the full complement that was needed to complete the foreordained quota of 144,000 spiritual underpriests under the High Priest Jesus Christ. It was indeed a buildup of the working force in the Holy of Jehovah’s true temple.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

When I first heard of the "Jonadab" mob, back in 1973, I tried to find out all I could about it.

Checking though all the WTS's publications, I could find not ONE mention of such a class of people;

- must just have been (one more) figment of J.F. Rutherford's whiskey sodden imagination!

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit