Has This Place Helped You To Come Out Or Stay Out Of The Organization?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Everytime I read a page of topics, I can't help but accept that the Witness religion is such a fraud.

Keep up the good work in EXPOSING the Watchtower Society!

• paladin
    paladin

Yes this place woke me up PDQ but my wife has not yet come to the conclusion that the WT$ is a sham and a racket.

• pandora
    pandora

This place is a shot in the arm sometimes.

There was a time when I was here daily. This place helped me remove the blinders and see the cult for what it truly is. It gave me the guts to stand up to my mother and her 'guilt trip'. It made me realize I wasn't the 'bad girl' and I didn't 'Deserve' all the bad things that happen to me. Bad happens, just like good happens. None of it hinges on whether or not you are a Jehobah witness. The day I realized that was the day my load was lifted and I could stand tall in my life and be proud of who I am and how I got here.

I don't 'need' the place as much now. I know the Truth and nothing can change that. But it is nice to come home to the place that made me see the light.

I don't visit as much as I would like, but I love this place.

It holds a very high place in my heart.

Thank you all!!!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Yes this site helped me stay out !

There was a time after I first faded that I was so lonely, I thought about going back just for fellowship . So glad I didn't fall into that trap . It takes time to adjust after leaving .In fact in my case I think three yrs was the turning point where I finally felt myself feel adjusting into normal life . At first you are still looking over your shoulder ,still using trigger words "the truth ","the Brothers" ect .... Slowly you do move on from all that .

Coming here and reading others stories reaffirmed to me I was not alone or crazy !

I read the personal stories ,I do not read the doctrine threads or debates . I now take long breaks from posting and it feels good to do that . I no longer want to think about anything witness related . Recently i have been back on because I have been home recuperaiting ,but I will be on less again once I am back to work .

• minimus
    minimus

This place has evolved from a mostly doctrinal or debating environment to a mix of stories, politics, debates and fun.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I am out for good! However, when I first started my journey, this site was immensely helpful in exposing the WTBS for what they truly are. I would recommend to anyone who is unsure to check out this site and JWFacts to help you remove any doubt you may have.

Take care.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Both in my case. When I first joined, it was like being hit in the face with a bucket of ice water... But then I didn't have much internet access for awhile, the access I did have was in short bursts of time. So I slowly was enveloped back into the JW lifestyle for a bit because I had nothing to fall back on except what I had read and my own doubts. It didn't take long for me to get sick of things and let my doubts have free reign in my head...and then I got my own computer and internet access and that was when I re-opened my eyes and began reading here again. Once that happened, I was a runaway train fading down the tracks. I haven't set foot in a Kingdom Hall in a year and a half. Haven't been to a convention or assembly. Skipped my first Memorial last year and will never attend another. I now have a solid foundation AGAINST the cult and no longer wonder "What if it IS the Truth?". I know it's not. I know it never was, never will be. I'm satified now that I found out the reality of it all.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Yes this place has helped me. The 1st thing it did was get me to read Coc and after that just suport and knowing I'm not the only one with these feelings. Some times I just come to be silly. I'm at a much healthier state then I was 2000 posts ago

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

Definitely helped, though it isn't the only thing that keeps me out, the gross lack of love shown to me by my JW family is what keeps me out the most.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Stay out..... I was already mentally out, although physically in when I found it, and Randy's Freeminds site. It is just wonderful, still, to find other people who know where I am at, who have undergone often much harder experiences than I have and simply those who understand. Until one is an awoken ex Witness, you just cannot grasp what it is like....

Min is right about the site evolving from being a more doctrinal, serious place. There were some formidable posters, back in the day. But everyone today is unique, individual and with their own story to tell. Ten years on, I still love it here ..

To each and every member who contributes to make this the place it is, and a special mention for the boardmaster Simon and the mods

.Thank you .& MERRY CHRISTMAS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit