if god hates wars...why does he use a war to end them???

by highdose 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• highdose
    highdose

This question occurred to me the other day. The classic JW presentation is all about how religon starts wars in gods name, how awful they are blablabla, and how soon god will end all these wars.... with a war! wtf?

I thought the whole point of this was that god was supposed to hate wars, why would he use somthing he hates?

We are talking about a almighty all knowing god here who supposedly would have all manner of options at his fingertips. Options that we lowly humans could barely guess at. so ............. in that case........... why use somthing he hates- a war, which lets face it would be the mother of all wars, featuring violence, carage and deverstation on a scale never guessed at by planet earth before ... to end wars which he hates???

This is like saying to a heroin addict that you hate them being addicted so to "cure" them your going to give them a huge overdose that will kill them! and then that will certainly put pay to their addiction(!)

Has anyone else thought about this?

• cofty
    cofty

Yahweh doesn't hate war he loves it with a passion

"Yahweh is a man of war, Yahweh is his name" - Ex 15:4

• N.drew
    N.drew

Are you referring to Revelation 16:14?

For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty

• highdose
    highdose

btt

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Interesting. I never thought about it before.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Just one time quickly comes to mind that Jeh did not resort to war, muder, violence to make his case. It was when he just let the unfaithful generation of Jews die in the wilderness and not enter the promised land. Why wouldn't that work in modern times, just let the wicked die off, preserve the good guys and gals? That would be instead of mass annialation at Armeggedon. I think my spelling is awful today

• tec
    tec

I don't think war to God is the same as war to us. For one, God will not kill an innocent. But we do... and call it collateral damage.

But in either case, others actively attack and make war against the people who belong to God. (if we're looking at revelations). God protects those he has promised to protect. He doesn't go out and search down those who aren't hurting anyone.

Peace,

Tammy

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

If YHWH hadn’t existed, the Israelites would have had to invent him. LOL. Israel and Judah were tiny kingdoms unable to resist invasion by the major powers in their region- Egypt, Syria, and Babylon. They were invaded more times than the Bible records, and most of the time they were subservient to a foreign power, forced to pay tributes or suffer destruction. YHWH was the fantasy they invented who could kill 185,000 Assyrians (not) and deliver them from Egypt (never happened). But as long as they had the fantasy of YHWH, they could still pretend to be tough guys. Somehow we bought into this propaganda, but now archaeology is providing evidence that YHWH’s great feats were fiction. Violence in the Middle East was a fact of life in Biblical times, as it seems to be now. Options are limited for a Middle Eastern god.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

@tec : "For one, God will not kill an innocent."

Wow, really? You HAVE read the Old Testament, right? Plenty of innocents dying by God's direct command in that collection of books..

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

God hates wars, but loves a good paradox!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit