If you are on youtube, read this.

by Iamallcool 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I would like to see ex jw males on youtube to be more clean cut and look like JWs so current JWs would most likely listen to them. I am just giving you my opinion.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

In other words JW are so judgemental and superficial they could not listen or consider any thoughts from people who do not look like them. Wow!

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Or in other, other words: you have not adjusted enough of your life to fit the witness mold. Now that you are out you should still follow their edicts on dress code and hair style just in the hope that one of them might listen to you. Just as the witnesses follow their edicts on dress code and hair style to give a witness to the world and hopefully sway one of us to listen to them. Yes, people, continue to live your life by their rules, that is clearly what should be done.

Jackie with tongue firmly in cheek

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I remember the feeling I got when I watch my first apostate YouTube video : it was Awakened at Gilead's series, and the beard didn't bother me at all. What impressed me was his calm, non-sensationalistic and articulate manner. It was really quite surprising - I was expecting Satan incarnate to come reaching out of the screen like in "Poltergeist."

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

A message from CandleSurgeon or CS the Apostate, who can't remember his password to this site:

I've recieved a number of messages from people who said because I was drinking a beer and whatnot made them feel comfortable listening to my video's. While others have been quite turned off by it. Different people respond to different things and we should all enjoy our freedom that we sacraficed so much for and just represent ourselves as we are. I don't ever intend to go back to putting on a facade via dress and grooming to reach out to people. If they don't accept me for Phin they can screw off. ;)
    Why are you singling out males on YT? Do you think the women on YT should cover up the cleavage and put on long skirts to reach out the JW's as well?
  • fallen_princess
    fallen_princess

Yeah my husband should dress up in a suit and tie and shave to get them to listen to him. I'm sure they would say "Well, his ideas sound apostate but....he is wearing a tie and doesn't have a beard so it MUST be true."

Sounds funny but it could actually work. They have been trained to be judgmental.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

To CStheApostate via The Silence, I completely agree with that. It's all in the approach. Newly questioning JW's are more apt to listen to someone who is honest about who they are and is calm and collected in their approach than to some of the raving lunatics who inhabit YouTube lol. Of course, as time goes on they may listen to the raving lunatics, too...because everyone has a point and everyone has good information, no matter the way it's presented (with a few exceptions). Everyone has a part to play in trying to free the minds of the JW's. In my opinion, the vast array of personality types and presentations will appeal to a variety of personality types. So everyone will help someone in some way.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The irony is... If Jesus was here today they would dismiss him for his beard and his encouragement to think and question everything.

• MartynAndrew
    MartynAndrew

and it always seems the crazy screwed up looking bastards are the ones doing all the preaching, while the silent majority watch and laugh, glad to have excaped. since i look pretty presentable i am going to work on my door visits and try and make a few good points, just be being easy going and smiling you can usually say just about anything, after all they've been brainwashed once, how hard can it be. hopefully the next ones to call are hot, i'll be much more motivated to talk

• jiveyivey
    jiveyivey

I have been out since 1971 or 1972. I left of my own free will at 19. My parents (especially my Mom) were heart broken but, I still went through with it. This post reminded me of an event I experienced about a year after I escaped.

My parents, and my younger siblings went away on vacation, and I was at home on my own. I made a decision to stop at the Kingdom Hall, to say hello to my “friends”.

During the time that I had bailed out, I hadn’t cut my hair or shaved, but I thought that the “brothers and sisters” would embrace me, and try and convince me to visit more often.

My former friends were happy to see me, and we hung out before the meeting, but I can remember the mother of the woman who had first knocked on our door (when I was five years old), and gotten my mother interested in “the truth”, walking straight up to me and saying “When are you going to start looking like one of us again?”, and turning around and walking away.

I am sure she didn’t mean to, but she convinced me that I had made the right decision. I have never regretted my choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit