THE WATCHTOWER SAY'S THEY ARE / ARE NOT INSPIRED

by wasblind 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you Leavingwt,

that hits the spot better than a cup of coffee :))

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"Scripture is divinely inspired in that God actively worked through the process and had his hand in the outcome of what Scripture would say. Inspired Scripture is simply written revelation. “Scripture is not only man’s word, but also, and equally God’s word, spoken through man’s lips or written with man’s pen” ( J.I. Packer , The Origin of the Bible , p. 31). " http://www.theopedia.com/Inspiration_of_the_Bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there, the Quiet one :)

The lies the WTS told ain't scripture, what goes forth from the mouth of God

don't go unfulfilled, stuff the WTS claim been unfulfilled countless times

I can pull out my kingdom proclaimers book, and lay it down, failer after failer

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"We will also increase our joy if we prayerfully and diligently study God's spirit - inspired Word and Christian publications prepared under the spirit's guidance ." Watchtower 1992 Mar 15 pp.21-22 Is there a difference between being guided by the spirit and being inspired by it? Can guidance be ignored/misunderstood whereas direct inspiration (gods words) cannot? A distinction is made here between the Bible and the publications. That's all I can add to this topic..

• wasblind
    wasblind

hello again the quiet one :)

The Holy spirit guided and directed, the Israellites out of Egypt, it did not guide them wrong

This is the same Holy spirit that parted the red sea, and impregnated a virgin

and it did no wrong

On page 205 in the reasoning book

The WTS claims that they learn in a "progressive manner "

but often times find themselves havin' to go back to the things

they went beyond in the scriptures, that is not progression

Let's see what the WTS say's in it's own words about the holy spirit

on page 381 in the reasoning book they state:

" It is not a person but is a "powerful" force that God causes to emanate from himself to accomplish his holy will."

In other words if this Org had the holy spirit there would be no changes in what they teach

the apostles may not have understood everything, but the bible does not show where they had to retract

anything they taught

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

They are not isnpired, but they are directed by the Holy Spirit, thus they can fail to predict any prophecy and still be "God's mouthpiece" since they are only DIRECTED and not inspired!!!

Does this makes any sense to you?

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

The spirit wouldn't have done anything wrong or made a mistake.. but the leader/s of the Israelites still could have done, even whilst heading in the right direction (out of Egypt). Whereas the Bible writers could not make a mistake because they were being 'divinely inspired' as they wrote. My point is that a person doesn't have to do everything perfectly whilst being guided. Imagine someone being guided across a tricky terrain by an expert, the person might divert slightly here and there from the right path, which they should not have, or just slip up because they misunderstood what the guide tried to tell them.. but they can still be heading in the right direction. It would not be the fault of the expert guiding the person.. and the guide might even forgive the person for the wrong steps they took.

• wasblind
    wasblind

That's a great illustration :)

but here's one better and it's not and illustration, according to the bible facts

the apostles misunderstood some things, but when Jesus said in Act:1:8 holy spirit would arrive

all through the book of acts I don't see anything that the apostles did that needed changin' or adjustin'

when holy spirit hit 'em, it hit 'em right

after all they were imperfect humans were they not ????

Also, anything the leaders could have done wrong, trust, the holy spirit had nothin to do wit it

because it comes from a perfect source

When Moses struck water from the rock, that was holy spirit,

but when he gave himself credit for that water, that was the folly

of Moses

I ain't lyin' to ya ;) look it up for yourself

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They're never "wrong" they're just "tacking" are they?

I believe that's been debunked as fallacious before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit