Disgusting talk about disfellowshipped children...

by Morbidzbaby 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I was just an unsuspecting kid when this talk was given, then. Does anyone have a copy of the "Stay alive til 75" talk?? A while back, my dad asked for PROOF that the Society pushed 1975. I showed him the evidence in the Rutherford book (forget the name of it right now...the one with the tables showing the dates of "importance" and then question marks after 1975...). He brushed it off as "that's not proof...they didn't SAY it would happen in 1975...they didn't tell people to sell their homes...those people took it upon themselves to do so". I'd like something more concrete if it comes up again.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Jesus--I had to stop listening, did this brother take 5 valium before getting up on the platform? They disgust me.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Morbidzbaby

Tell your dad to type 'selling homes' into the search box on his WT CD and open the only OKM article that appears.

Then insist that he reads and explains that paragraph to you, in a sensible manner, without changing the subject or attacking your character.

Stay alive til 75 talk Serving With Everlasting Life in View

• Black Sheep
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

A while back, my dad asked for PROOF that the Society pushed 1975. . . . I'd like something more concrete if it comes up again.

WT - May 22, 1969 Pg 15

"WHAT FUTURE FOR THE YOUNG?"

So crime exploded seventeen
    times as fast as the population!
    If you are a young person, you also need
    to face the fact that you will never grow
    old in this present system of things. Why
    not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment
    af Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt
    system is due to end in a few years.
    Of the generation that observed the beginning
    of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus
    foretold: "This generation will by no
    means pass away until all these things
    accur."-Matt. 24:34.
    Therefore, as a young person, you will
    never fulfill any career that this system
    offers. If you are in high school and thinking
    about a college education, it means
    at least four, perhaps even six or eight
    more years to graduate into a specialized
    career. But where will this system of
    things be by that time? It will be well on
    the way toward its finish, if not actually
    gone!

Also, get a copy of "Life Everlasting In The Freedom Of The Sons of God" (RED Cover) -- This is the book that started all the 1975 speculation with a detailed chart of Bible chronology, from Adams creation thru 6000 years of mankind's existance. JWs taught that at the end of the 6th Creative Day (man living on earth for 6,000 years) then the 7th day would usher in Christ's 1,000 Year Riegn. Pg 29-30 quoted:

"Acccording to this trustworth Bible chronology six thougsand yeas from man's creation will end in 1975, and the seventh period of a thousand years of human history will begin in the fall of 1975 CE."

"It woulod not be by mere chance or accident but would be according to theloving purpose of Jehovah God for the reign of Jesus Christ, the "Lord of the sabbath", to run parallel with the seventh millennium of man's existence."

1966 Awake! Oct 8, pg 19- This seventh day, God's rest day, has progressed nearly 6,000 years, and there is still the 1,000-year reign of Christ to go before its end. (Rev. 20:3, 7) This seventh 1,000-year period of human existence could well be likened to a great sabbath day. . . . In what year, then, would the first 6,000 years of man's existence and also the first 6,000 years of God's rest day come to an end? The year 1975.

1968 "'Adam Created At Close Of 'Sixth Day' Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then ? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man's existence coincides with the Sabbath-like thousand-year reign of Christ....It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years.' (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1968, p499)

1968 "Just think, brothers, there are only about ninety months left before 6,000 years of mans existence on earth is completed... The majority of people living today will probably be alive when Armageddon breaks out, and there are no resurrection hopes for those who are destroyed then. So, now more than ever, it is vital not to ignore that spirit of wanting to do more." (Kingdom Ministry, March 1968, p. 4 [note: 1968 + 90 months = 1975])

1969 "There is only a short time left before Jehovah will destroy this wicked system of things." (Watchtower, Jan. 15, 1969)

1974 "Yes, the end of this system is so very near! Is that not reason to increase our activity?...Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end." (Kingdom Ministry, May 1974, p. 3)

1974 'It also tells us that this millennium must be preceded immediately by the most destructive war in all human history. We can now see the political rulers... being gathered... for that War of all wars....' (Watchtower, July 1, 1974, p 397)

What the WT has going for them is that well over 1/2 of JWs today came in well AFTER all that failed prophecy. They are told that others OUTSIDE the Organization made the claims regarding 1975 and the End of the World. NOT TRUE. Those of us who were there, remember well what was said. But they have the best of both worlds -- most of those that DO remember, do NOT discuss it either as they do not want to speak negativesly about the WTS, so in fact, they are involved in the COVERING UP to any new ones.

Hope that helps.

DOC

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

THANK YOU! That gives me a great starting point... I really want to write a letter to my dad and explain these things to him. He converted after I was an adult...while he was worldly and I was a teen we had a very close relationship. He was one of my best friends. Now I don't even know him anymore. If I can get him to think, maybe, just MAYBE he can get my mom to think. It's a long shot, but it can't get any worse than it is now. They already hardly speak to me.

• TimothyT
  • TimothyT
    TimothyT

I have 3 observations.

This guy is presenting Jehovah as a heartless ruler and ruthless tyrant who will destroy those who leave his organisation. This is COMPLETELY contrary to the bible (1 Samuel 16:7, Psalm 116:5, 1 John 4:8). If I was in the audience I would be sh*t scared!

He is VERY general and implies that everyone who is disfellowshipped does so because they no longer love Jehovah and spirituality. In my case this is incorrect as I am now more interested in spirituality. My reasons for being disfellowshipped were more due to my own mental health and were not due to a lack of love for Jehovah and his word.

Why does he keep quoting from Jude to explain how disfellowshipped ones must be treated? Jude is talking about false teachers, not those who are immoral.

Two brothers spoke with my dad recently and told him that they wish to help him and my brother out as they feel they are suffering spiritually. This annoyed my papa as they were clearly implying to him that I am no longer worth helping as I am no longer interested in such things. My dad knows however that I am very deeply interested in the bible.

I don’t think it would be wrong to say that the JW’s have a very twisted and judgemental view of those who no longer want to be known as JW’s. We are not bad people are we? At least we don’t shun our families…

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Try a different browser Tim

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I really want to write a letter to my dad and explain these things to him.

Explain nothing.

Make him do the explaining and keep to one really good question at a time.

Nearly every WT quote you find will have some wiggle room and your dad will focus on that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit