Going back to a Kingdom Hall

by hotspur 17 Replies latest jw friends

• hotspur
    hotspur

Part of my 'rebirth' after my leaving JWs was to rediscover and undo the 38 missing years of my love of music.

Before I was baptised I was playing a trumpet in bands and orchestras... then came the empty years (we all know the stories).

Long story short, I relearned my instrument through a music school. From there I joined a brass band, but recently we moved house and it was some way from the band I played in. So, I searched for a new band and found one more local to me... they even have their own band room. (The band I'm currently with rehearse in a Baptist church which was an interesting experience in itself).

Now for the fun bit... the band room of the new band is an old an Kingdom Hall... this is gonna feel too wierd!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I bet it will be a strange feeling, at least the place is being repurposed for the good!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Enjoy the irony hotspur and blow the walls down with your music!!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I used to be an aspiring author before my KH years. Still trying to get that back, too. :-/ Good to hear someone else rediscovered their old love for something, though.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I'm a big fan or recycling...

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

cool

good to see these old buildings finally being put to good use LOL

• Fernando
    Fernando

It's been a considerable "rebirth" for us too after decades of being dumbed down and held captive spiritually.

It may take a while yet to get over the feeling of horror when driving past a KH loaded with hypocrital clergy and blind laity spiritually fornicating with the "god of religion" in the name of the "god of Abraham".

• cofty
    cofty

Great to hear you are still playing Hotspur. Enjoy the new band.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Best wishes to you! I'm glad you were able to rekindle the spark for something you love. Have fun at the 'Hall'.

• hotspur
    hotspur

Thanks everybody... I do like irony but this one is the best.

Recycling... hadn't thought of it that way.

I went to their Christmas last Wednesday with a view to hearing how they sound - I was impressed so I introduced myself. Seems they were keen to have me - when I explained my musical experience they asked me if I could play at a Charity Christmas Carol session as most of their cornets were working Saturday morning.

Yesterday I had the "top seat"... a nerve wracking experience (felt like an audition and concert all in one) but most enjoyable - 2 and half hours of Christams Carols... whooot!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit