a new one

by hijosdelawatch 18 Replies latest jw friends

• hijosdelawatch
    hijosdelawatch

Hello hijosdelawatch and welcome to the forum! I think there are many people hiding within the walls of the Kingdomhalls, but getting a count is impossible at the moment.

4 out of 9 of the friends I have since I was a child left the "truth" in the past, 3 of them faded. I also know some friends from other congregations with doubts.

I was a very convinced JW before and even aux pioneered the months I could. I think the brothers can't imagine how I think now.

• Adiva
    Adiva

Welcome. Congratulations on your college studies. Don't complicate things by becoming a MS. A degree is Way more important.

Adiva

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

hijo..

there are one or two people on here who are walking in the same shoes as you. welcome to the club, atleast your now among people who understand what your going through.

• cantleave
    cantleave

We welcome another member of "The Conscious Class" to the board!

• Thor
    Thor

Hello and Welcome!

Good for you for going to school!

Hope things go well for you

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

hijo-If you think you are busy now with school, meetings, service and so forth, just wait. If you accept the position of MS, you will be involved in more garbage than you can imagine.

Those sisters in your foreign language cong? If they need their roof fixed, car tire changed, grass mowed, or whatever, guess who they will have doing it...you! The MS always get the grunt work. It will be your Christian PRIVILEGE to help these people out.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

hijo-by the way, welcome!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum.

Do you think are there a lot of similar cases of brothers not believing but still inside?

That's what emotional blackmail does. The threat of losing family is a powerful tool. The bigger & closer the family, the more powerful the tool.

My advice would be to very gently ease your family out of the religion while you maintain the image of a good JW. Think about being the last to leave. Once they ID you as 'weak in the faith', your best opportunities of having intelligent conversations with them are gone, along with your chance of a normal relationship. Thinking that our family is somehow different, and reasonable is a gambol that might only work if they are closet apostates themselves.

Be careful

Chris

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Welcome

It's sunday morning

It's fantastic to think that I'm not going to the meeting today or any other day, all this time is mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit