Parenting - The JW Way

by What Now? 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Happy first birthday baby What Now

Great post.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how Microsoft Excel could be used to break down the lives of the witlesses via graphics. But I will attempt with numbers.

A child's day consists of getting up early in the morning. Days when there is no school are usurped for field circus--I saw one whose whole April recess was wasted on field circus. They are then dragged out in field circus, often from 9 in the morning to 4 or later in the afternoon while the mother (usually) pious-sneers. If they have school, they are supposed to be out in field circus after school instead of doing homework or studying for tests. And, if there is a boasting session, they have to attend even if they have a term paper to research or a test to study for. Thursday evenings are common boasting session nights, and children get home as late as 10 PM commonly--and Fridays are popular test days.

If it's a weekend, the children are to get up every morning and do field circus. Saturdays are wasted in field circus every day. Some more lenient parents only make the children do mornings, which is still bad enough. Some parents make them waste most of the day. Sunday mornings are usually wasted on a boasting session, and then field circus until 3 or 4 PM. If boasting sessions are in the afternoon, the morning is wasted in field circus and the afternoon for the boasting session. Sometimes parents go out in field circus during the afternoon, dragging children out until late in the afternoon.

The result: No time to play. Small children learn by playing--that should be thought of as their "work". (Even if they complain when "5:00 PM" comes too quickly, play is their job at that stage.) Instead, they have to do field circus. They never learn to do things. They never learn how the world works. Sometimes they never learn certain motor skills, since time spent building things is wasted doing field circus (yes, time spent playing with those building blocks or Lego's now can translate to building cars or repairing computers when they get older). They don't learn how nature integrates in any capacity since they are too busy in field circus instead of swinging, playing with that ball, or taking apart plants.

Later, they lack in school skills. Homework is neglected for boasting sessions and field circus, so they usually end up flunking or doing poorly in class. They don't fit in because the parents push "bad associations" and that they are only to recruit other children. They never get to do sports because they are "too worldly", even though sports can keep them in shape and/or help them develop motor skills and learn how things move by watching them. Sometimes they are even kept from during-classtime field trips because of the "bad association" card or because they might let out late and make them miss field circus. They are always kept from parties, which can provide good references.

A Microsoft graph of the monotony of each year of childhood would be revealing. Every year, it's September pious-sneering, a Big Boasting Session, winter field circus, the REJECT Jesus Preparation Season, the Great Boasting Session, pious-sneering for spring, preparing for the Grand Boasting Session, and repeat--exactly the same from one year to the next. In the southern hemisphere, the September pious-sneering leads to the Grand Boasting Session, and the REJECT Jesus Party pious-sneering season marks the beginning of fall, but is otherwise identical. One year after another, with nothing to differentiate one from another. That is bad enough for adults, but abusive for children that should be learning. No birthday parties, no Christmas (and one Christmas usually is different from others), no summer or winter vacation events to differentiate from one another, no nothing.

All of which might be fine if you are programming a robot. But a child is not a robot. Besides, you can change the program on a robot simply by pulling out a ROM chip, writing another program and installing it, or at worst replacing all the memory and the ROM (and the motherboard). Has anyone successfully managed to reformat a drive, replace a ROM disc or chip, install more RAM, or replace a motherboard on a witless after they got messed up?

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

What Now?-This is a very thought provoking post, thank you.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

A well-written post that I would love to send to Witness parents,especially those who have disfellowshipped children.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Beautiful post, What Now... Looking at that, I see my own childhood...and what my children are probably going through.

Although my children live far away and are being raised as JW's by their father, I make sure that in my heart I acknowledge the day they were born. I make a Happy Birthday post on Facebook, I buy a birthday card and slip a small amount of cash in it and put it away. Same thing with Christmas. When they are older, I will hand them each their box of cards so they know that they were always in my heart and mind even though I couldn't be with them.

We are trying for a baby and I'm ecstatic that this child will have a NORMAL life. Birthdays, Christmas, extracurriculars, EDUCATION... I just wish I could give my other children the same.

Your son is a lucky boy...he has no idea how lucky.

Happy Birthday Baby What Now!!

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Morbidz.......that absolutely breaks my heart to read that.

Why don't you have any contact with your kids?

• What Now?
    What Now?

I am probably a bit late with replying, but thank you all for your thoughts, and for your birthday wishes for Baby What Now? We had a great day together as a family and he devoured his first cupcake!

@mamalove - this bakery is amazing. They make a banana caramel cupcake that is just divine! We went with plain vanilla for our son though, and even that gave him a sugar rush (and ultimate crash) that we regretted later, haha!

@curiouscynic - this is exactly my point - it's such a natural thing as a parent to celebrate the day your child was born. It was so sad to me that a few days later my parents said "oh yeah that's right, he was one year old on Saturday". How could you forget the day your child or grandchild was born?

@wasblind - LOVE your point!!

@morbidzbaby - I am so sorry to hear about your situation with your children. Those cards will be a beautiful thing to give them when they're older.

• shamus100
    shamus100

JW parenting = beating.

Any questions?

• What Now?
    What Now?

Yeah I remember a lot of spankings. And for what? "Misbehaving" at the meeting and while in service.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yeah, human beings try to reason and teach their children.

JW'S beat their children because they are lazy social misfits that have no sense of reality.

Normal human beings love their children and have fun with them. JW's think nothing but paranoid thoughts about how to guard against .... ** snort ** "satan"... BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Really, they should have social services come in and take their children away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit