More and more shunning going on?

by Snoozy 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Snoozy: my heart goes out to them and hope someday their loved ones will come around and find the strength to leave the controlling organization

Thank you for that. It is my hope as well.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Talespin, I tried to approach her on the subject but she won't share with me..I do know she is into pain pills and has gambled on her lunch hour..and she does have vodka and 7 up almost if not everynight..so it could be anything. She does hold down a good job and makes very good money.. but the money goes somewhere besides on her biills..I tried to help her work out a budget but she doesn't want anyone to know what she does with her money. That way I figure she can suppport her addiction to whatever without anyone knowing....I cut her off because it was getting to be more and more each month..like she was seeing how much she could get..she always changed her stories of what she needed it for forgetting what she had told me before..

Snoozy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I think I have only really been shunned one time that I can remember. That was when I was disassociated and hubby was not regular and the grown kids had all went their way..

JW Hubby's mom and dad were having a surprise anniversary party thrown for them by the people at their KH (they were both witnesses). Hubby's sister in NY decided that it was not a good idea for me to come and so consulted one of the brothers up there to go along with her decision. She called my hubby and uninvited me..said I may stumble someone if I come to the party..

My hubby and the grown kids and their families and non jw aunts and uncles and cousins would still be going..even tho they had studied for years before leaving the religion they were never baptised.

Since I had disassociated myself I would be the only one that would not be welcome.

What was funny was I had received a invitation with my name on it a few days earlier as it seems no one at their hall had any problem with me going as I knew many of them from working on my JW MIL's farm and helping them.

She was the only one that thought I may stumble someone..

I might add that my hubby and the kids all refused to go if I couldn't..which surprised me.

When we finally went up to his mom and dad's farm they asked why we didn't come..hubby told them. They just said 'Oh" and proceeded to tell us how nice it was and they had never had any kind of party like that before..then showed us some pictures and we went on about our business like it was no biggy..

But it left a big impression on me and I haven't talked to them since hubby passed away.

• flipper
    flipper

If what's going on in my JW family is any indication- then yes , there is a hell of a lot more shunning going on now than there was before. I feel the WT society is so to blame for this with their insane " mentally diseased " apostate articles coming out and the paranoia driven mission to instill fear and guilt in every single Jehovah's Witness on the planet. My 86 and 84 yr.old parents have never shunned anybody in our family before, now they are shunning their grandaughter, my niece. And it makes me angry and it sickens me. Yet they justify associating with my ex-Bethel brothers inactive son who lived with his girlfriend before they got married. AND my elder brother threw him and his new wife a reception in his own living room. Yet he shuns his own inactive niece and influences my parents to do the same - even though they supported his son and new wife.

The hypocrisy and inconsistency absolutely floor me with what these people allow themselves to approve and in the same breath to approve - not even thinking how psycho it is. O.K. It's 2:00 A.M. in the morning. I'll exhale now. Gotta go to work at 4 :10 A.M. Having trouble sleeping tonight

• Azazel
    Azazel

Ive discovered there is actually two levels of shunning.

Apparantly because im attending all meetings and marking the literature in all the appropriate places im considered not as shunned as an open apostate.( elder relative to one of my immediate family).

its ok for family to talk with me.

Has anyone else experienced this or heard of it.

Az

PS tho never celebrated Christmas etc etc i feel this is the loneliest time i have ever experienced in my life.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it's whatever people decide what is best at that particular moment. 1, 2 10 levels of df'd, whatever

• Azazel
    Azazel

thx wha happened?

• talesin
    talesin

Snoozy,,, as a pawnbroker, I saw a lot of gambling addiction,,, it's a tough one, and you made the right choice as far as I'm concerned. It grabs people by the throat and they truly have to hit ROCK bottom. The addiction takes over, and as with the JWs,, the authentic person is lost. Let's hope she is able to get real, now that she has lost someone so precious, and get some professional help. I am so sorry this is happening, after all you have been through.

Oh, and yes, my parents did the same thing to me for their 50th anniversary -- specifically told me I was NOT welcome to attend. It stung,,, took me a long time to forgive them, but it still hurts.

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Azazel

Xmas is a lonely time at first,,, because everyone else is so busy,, there's nothing on TV except Xmas stuff, and usually lots of time off work. I felt very isolated for years at Xmastime,,, until I was able to begin to enjoy it with my "worldly" (ie, real) friends.

I think it's the isolation that hurts ... it's not really about Xmas per se. It will get better!

Make plans with yourself to do things you enjoy,,, projects? hobbies? Or plan a movie marathon for Xmas day,,, that's the type of thing I used to do.

tal

• Azazel
    Azazel

thankyou talesin i choose movie marathon

Az

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit