More and more shunning going on?

by Snoozy 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Is it just me or does it seem like there are more posts about shunning than usual?
    I take it that between the ex JW's and the internet the JW's are having a hard time holding on to their people. Of course they don't want their people anywhere around someone that might wise them up to what the JW's are doing to them..striving to keep them as isolated as possible.

If that isn't a cult I don't know what is.

I feel so sad for family member that are going throught this and unable to be with their loved ones because of some idiot religion that seems to appeal to some ..it must fulfill some need in their life. Either that are they are too afraid to leave for fear of isolation from their loved ones or death by their so called "loving" god.

Why do we even bother. It seemed like I was butting my head against the wall with my hubby and his mom. Ask a question and they look at you and either say "I don't know " and change the subject or tell you they have faith..(Blind faith).

It's frustrating I know..just wanted to let those know that my heart goes out to them and hope someday their loved ones will come around and find the strength to leave the controlling organization. I refuse to ever refer to it as "The Truth" or even a religion really..

Snoozy

• Violia
    Violia

Hey Snozzy.

yes I think so, I recall starting it sort of rolling with the incident in a public place by jws who wanted to make sure I knew they shun me. duh

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Viola I can't tell you how nice and peaceful my life has been since hubby passed away.I loved him so much but the daily JW talk (condemning everyone that wasn't one of them!) was starting to affect me emotionally..especially when his Mom was around (also a JW).

I just feel so bad for those that are going through it..I know how it hurts.

Snoozy

• trueblue
    trueblue

I was shunned by someone that not even a JW yesterday and it made me happy because I don't want the spook talking to me anyways...

Garbage - Silence Is Golden (Shirley Manson) By Bubu - YouTube

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I am shunned by my non JW daughter...I cut her money supply off..no more handouts..she cut me off..

Snoozy...

I guess that was all I was good for..

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I've got all mine to pretend that they're not nasty cult members.

Now, if they try any crap, I can quote them.

• talesin
    talesin

I gave up on family a loooong time ago. It's fruitless labour, and just plain discouraging. All my life, I've been 'the good daughter', called a few times a week, visited when I was welcome to be there, helped them out when they were having hard times, etc. As time goes on, it gets harder and harder to accept their (unthinking) comments about "oh, I couldn't get homecare - how could we trust a 'worldly' person in our home?" uh,, well, I'm worldly, and MY friends have come out and helped you with your property when no one else would (including my good-for-nothing sibling).

Now the shunning thing has become quite an issue -- they are getting more pressure to shun me, but feel too guilty to do that! My sibling, nephews, and all other family shuns me completely. Parents are now 'seeing' how unfair and cruel and, yes, detrimental to my health this has been, and for the first time, feeling a teeny bit guilty perhaps.

I HATE THIS CULT!!!!!

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Does daughter have some substance abuse problems? That will do it, for sure,,, whether it's gambling, booze or other things,,, the addiction takes over, and anyone who does not 'comply' in supporting such habits is usually cut off.

Sorry to hear that, Snoozy.

• irondork
    irondork

It's weird. Most the time I don't even mind the fact that the remainder of my family shuns me. I have not been close with those people for a very long time and it's really a non issue.

But I know it hurts my mother. And the fact that she is institutionally mandated to have nothing to do with me, especially now that she's getting much older, infuriates me. The control...

It may not help in the here and now, but I still believe this part: Render to her even as she herself rendered, and do to her twice as much, yes, twice the number of the things she did; in the cup in which she put a mixture put twice as much of the mixture for her.

I hope I live to see it.

• trueblue
    trueblue

talesin said: Does daughter have some substance abuse problems? That will do it, for sure,,, whether it's gambling, booze or other things,,, the addiction takes over, and anyone who does not 'comply' in supporting such habits is usually cut off.

Drug addict / Watchtower addict... "Oh Gawd there a lot of simularities"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit