Take the bus instead of driving drunk

by Jim_TX 10 Replies latest social humour

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I would like to share an experience with you about drinking and driving. As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.

Well, over the weekend my friend & I attended a Christmas party & knowing full well we may have been over the limit, I decided to do something I've never done before - take a bus home!

Arrived back home safely and without incident which was a real surprise, since I had never even driven a bus before and am not sure where I got this one.

Merry Christmas

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Personally I prefer a car service. I hear poor people take public transportation.

• talesin
    talesin

lol @ EP

There's no public transportation here at night,, unless you are wealthy and have a driver .. one thing about having a slow social life,,, no worries at holiday times about transportation.

t

• Violia
    Violia

if you are too intoxicated you might not be welcome on public transportation, at least around here. It is a better idea than driving.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Jim-- I think the subtle humor may have been missed by some.

Sometimes it's a 3-step procedure. (1) You have to tell people that you're about to say something funny; (2) Say something funny; (3) Then tell them that you just said something funny. I found that the case if you tried to add a little levity in a public talk, otherwise they sat with eyes glazed right through it.

DOC

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

LOL I see what you did there. Adding this to my list of bar jokes.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Yep..

• Quirky1
  • Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well DOC, I figured that posting this in the 'Jokes & Humor' section may have been a clue... but I guess some folks don't understand that bit.

Oh well. I thought it was funny as hell when I read it on a friends posting on Facebook.

Regards,

Jim TX

• clarity
    clarity

It is funny as hell!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit