JWs react with joy when something bad has happen to inactive or DF'd ones

by Anator 18 Replies latest jw friends

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

I remember there was this young boy about 19 who left the religion, and he was killed in an auto accident. When the topic was brought up, his friend who was a JW stated, and I quote "He left Jehovah, he got what he deserved."

staggering.

• Scully
    Scully

It's called Schadenfreude. The WTS grooms them to behave this way.

Why JWs are The Happiest People on Earthâ„¢

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I remember there was this young boy about 19 who left the religion, and he was killed in an auto accident. When the topic was brought up, his friend who was a JW stated, and I quote "He left Jehovah, he got what he deserved."

Let's see............he died on "this side" and thus paid the price for Adamic sin...........so wouldn't that guarantee him a resurrection (of the unrighteous) into Paradise?

Hope his "friend" makes it too!

DOC

• metatron
    metatron

No, no, no, You are only scratching the surface of Witness life. Witnesses are driven by jealousy far more than any love.

I burned myself out working for the congregation. My reward was a long term sister who approached me face to face, rejoicing that my (step) daughter turned against the "truth" because we were 'so perfect'. After all the trials I faced, I never forgot the astounding cruelty of that remark. Nor the one in which a brother rejoiced to me because I mispronounced a word in a Watchtower reading.

There is one hard truth in all of this: these people are NOT your friends. They put wharf rats to shame, and I have only told you a little....

They are sick, sick, sick.

metatron

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6
    "He left Jehovah, he got what he deserved."

What an awful thing to say, I can't imagine how the parents would feel if they heard this. Then again I've gotten that line before, and this one too:

"There must be something wrong with you to not want to go back to the Kingdom Hall."
  • mamalove
    mamalove

It's the reaffirmation that they have the "truth." Smug (as mentioned above), is a great word. Or self rightousness comes to mind as well. I knew several of those in my old hall.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They also react with joy when something they cause happens to someone that's in the cancer. Especially when they can then use it to get the person to pious-sneer and go to Beth Hell.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I had to bring this topic back. lol. I was talking to my mom, and I asked her if anybody asked about me. She said these "elders" asked how was I doing. Now this pisses me off because if they cared so much they would contact me themselfs instead of doing the half- you know what job about it.

I told my mom since I left the religion I've gotten married ( I had a false friend said that I wasn't fit to be married ), and I gotten promoted . My mother didn't like what I said and got off the phone with me.lol. So the want people leave the JWs to do bad , so they can come crawing back.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Once I was putting in the CD for the last song after the service meeting, when they announced that "Brother Who-left-2-years-ago is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses".... as this announcement was made, one of the microphone holders handed over his mic to me (so I can put it away) and said: "I hope the devil has his way with him" (in Spanish)... that threw me off so much that I completely forgot the song number and had to fumble through my KM to find it while everyone looked back at me wondering why I haven't played the song yet... I went from extreme shock to embarassment in just a few seconds...

This religion really does instill hate... most JWs just don't realize it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit