JWs react with joy when something bad has happen to inactive or DF'd ones

by Anator 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Anator
    Anator

I've noticed when I was an active dub that some JWs act joyful whenever they hear that an inactive JW or a DF'd person had something bad happen to them. Some have a glee-ful smile and they give that *look* that says, "we told you so". Have you ever experienced what I'm referring to?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

YES!!!!! and sad to say I may have been on that side too. I wonder what they say about me? not really but.... My life has improved and i'm noticably happier.... so is satan blessing me so that I wont go back??? they play it both ways... if my hubby left me for another woman it would be "told you so". if we live happily ever after it's "satan is blessing her"

• blondie
    blondie

Proverbs 24:17

When your enemy falls, do

not rejoice; and when he is

caused to stumble, may your

heart not be joyful,

v

• undercover
    undercover

From my experiences, it wasn't so much that they reacted with joy and glee as much as they reacted with a smug self-righteous attitude of "well, that's what you should expect when you leave Jehovah..."

They would contradict themselves from one sentance to the next:

"Did you hear what happened to Brother Rebellious? He was in a wreck leaving a strip club last night."

"Oh my... I hope he wasn't hurt too bad. But you know, if he had only stayed close to the organization he wouldn't have been tempted to go to such a place and he wouldn't have been involved in that accident. That's what happens when you think you know more than the Brothers."

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    From my experiences, it wasn't so much that they reacted with joy and glee as much as they reacted with a smug self-righteous attitude of "well, that's what you should expect when you leave Jehovah..."
    They would contradict themselves from one sentance to the next:
    "Did you hear what happened to Brother Rebellious? He was in a wreck leaving a strip club last night."
    "Oh my... I hope he wasn't hurt too bad. But you know, if he had only stayed close to the organization he wouldn't have been tempted to go to such a place and he wouldn't have been involved in that accident. That's what happens when you think you know more than the Brothers."

The ironic part about comments such as these is hearing how they reason when something bad happens to a JW in good standing. All of sudden they change their tune to, "time and unforseen occurances."

• blondie
    blondie

As the scripture from the NWT shows they have no concept of what the bible says and follow the words of imperfect men. There is also a scripture that says that people will receive mercy in the same way they show mercy to others.

When I was still going I would always remember those 2 scriptures, especially if I was out d2d with those holier than thou jws....

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Anator:

Sad to say, but this is true in many cases. They like to hear that so-and-so who is not active in the religion isn't doing so well. In addition to being smug, I also think that they fear in the back of their minds that the person who is out is doing better than them. They can't have that! It is a variation of the misery loves company mentality - so, if you aren't with them you better not be happy!

However, when something bad happens to an active JW, they will talk about "time and unforseen occurrence".

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

If something bad happens to a df'd person, it reinforces the idea of Jehovah blesses his organization, we are living in a spiritual paradise, sort of stuff that we all gag at now.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

This is in a slightly different vein, but I think it still talks to the attitude. When the tsunami hit SE Asia, our circuit overseer came to our hall and gave us updates. He talked about some witnesses that lived near the shoreline, but went inland for service when the tsunami hit. They were saved. Only two witnesses were killed, a couple from Sweden that were there on vacation. He said that should be a lesson for us all.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what lesson? Swedish people shouldn't travel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit