I went home to visit my sister today...

by fallen_princess 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The psychology behind recovery/improvement threatening relationships so people overreact in a bad way is so true. It is the same way with setting boundaries. For some reason I thought if you set a boundary correctly the other person would comply. No way.

I am a people pleaser b/c of the Witnesses. Approval means all. Slight rejection is equated with total rejection. Heck, I worry about people I totally despise not liking me. Books could be written about authenticity in relationships. Do I want to be liked for what I am not or like for who I am?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Once I became completely inactive and it did not appear I was ever coming back my father began to speak to me like I was just another inactive Witness rather than his son. Witnesses violate Jehovah's own arrangement as they do not respect an individual's freewill. No matter how badly my father wants me to return to the cult it is my choice to make. They can't see that.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it's an old ploy. Strength in numbers. I guess all that holy spirit from 3 pioneers in the room was supposed to be enough to get rid of the devil in you. Oh well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit