I try hard not to judge others

by Found Sheep 37 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Aguest - If it is thrown away in my area NO ONE wants it!!!! so not a good thing! I lived in larger areas and the dump had a spot for "could use " stuff.... this place does too... so anything that some one may want is in a separate area. the dump has nasty garbage!!!! used tampons, condoms, broken glass... not something I want to be looking around in

Oh, okay, yes, I think I understand now, dear FS (peace to you!). Thanks for explaining. Although, there is that saying, isn't there, that "one man's trash is another man's treasure"? I dunno, girl... just thought maybe there was something "wrong" WITH dumpster diving, per se, in and of itself. I realize some have an aversion to that... but for some folks... well, "it adds up." SO glad I don't have to resort to it, you know? Again, though, thanks for explaining. I am sure your very lovely smile helped make those dear folks' day (they probably don't get many of those from others!)

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

P.S. Don't be so sure, though, that dirty oil will keep a TRUE "diver" out of your trash - LOLOLOL! Some folks have NO limits!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

aGuest - I've been homeless myself so understand ANYONE can get there These people have been there for at least the 14 years I've lived here?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    These people have been there for at least the 14 years I've lived here?

Yeah. Sad, that, on SO many levels, ain't it (again, peace, dear one!)? I often wonder what "happened" to folks, perhaps even as children, that lead them to make certain choices/take certain paths in their lives. I realize it isn't always upbringing (thought it often is) or mental illness (as it often is as well)... but just as often drugs/alcohol and thinks like that. Hoo-wee, girl... "there but for the grace of God", for whatever reason, including our own presence of mind, yes! We are blessed! (and I mean both statements rhetorically, for you, at least - not trying to push MY believe - LOLOL!).

Guess I'm just glad that dumpster diving isn't MY "thing"... and doesn't have to be, you know? As you said... ewwwwwww!

Peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Giordano
    Giordano

Found Sheep you have a PM.

Back in the day when we lived in South Florida and we were trying to get a business started we were financially really straining. There was no budget for a lot of basics...like clothing. So the local GW outlet (GoodWill) was first on our list when we needed something. We knew every thrift store in the area.

There is such a surplus of cloths in our society that it is amazing how well dressed you can be for $10, shoes, suit, shirt and tie Especially on half off day LOL

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I wrot you back with a question

• mamalove
    mamalove

I get what you are saying. Allowing someone to keep their dignity, and give a friendly smile in appropriate situations are always a good thing.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Undercover----Saw the "White's" film. Some funny, and some disturbing! But Jesco's earlier films just flat out crack me up! Not too far off from where I live!!! (Ohio)

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

FS, did you know that dumpster diving has become a lifestyle choice for some people? I'm not saying those people you met ascribe to it, but I thought you might find it interesting. They are rejecting our consumer driven lifestyle, and decry the wastefulness. They call themselves Freegans. Oh and I learned this from an essay I read. It's not dumpster diving. It's Dumpster diving. Apparently Dumpster is the trademarked name a company gave their garbage receptacles. LOL--I know, just a bunch of useless info. But I thought it was fun.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit